Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow it's only a baby one haha

oh snap!

I know it's been said, but it is surprising how many albinos survive to adulthood in the wild. I'm sure they are statistically much less likely to. But people seem to come across them occasionally in the wild, makes you wonder how many there are that just never get seen.
Yeah, there was an albino Mulga snake sitting at my back door one morning and it totally stumped me. Very bloody pretty, I'll assure you. I guess there just aren't any dangerous birdies or anything around my area. Lucky for him :D

Considering snakes are genetically programmed to hide, it really doesn't surprise me that they are out there.

Many of you guys would eat it on a pie or sausage roll but have you ever seen one in the flesh. Well I did one day while driving home from work and I first thought it was a Cockatoo. So I went back and took the photo just to prove it to my mates.
WhiteCrowPhotos3.jpg

Cheers Underbelly.

Ozzie Python,

I think you should be commended for your thoughtful and sensitive post.

With respect to getting a photo – much easier said than done. It depends upon the surrounding terrain as to how likely it is for a snake to be spotted again in that area. It depends on the species – Tigers are fairly sedentary but other sizeable elapids can range far and wide. For someone who is scared witless of them, no easy feat to find the courage to confront your fears, in an area where you may not know where it is until you ”stumble across it” and then to remain cool, calm and collected enough to take a photo. I think if I were in the same circumstances I would simply want to forget I ever mentioned it.

I thought the comment about the phone was most unwarranted. I have still to decide if it was an attempt at humour or a twisting of the knife. Perhaps the author could enlighten me.

Blue

well... after reading all 12 pages in search of seeing a photo of an albino tiger snake, I wasn't smart enough to go to the last page at the start haha.
Good looking snake by the way!

well... after reading all 12 pages in search of seeing a photo of an albino tiger snake, I wasn't smart enough to go to the last page at the start haha.
Good looking snake by the way!
Same here mate, have never read so much crap for such little reward. Hence why I thought I would put a pic out there. Sorry to say its not my snake, although i did get to work with it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back