Who's that in my garage?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Basstones

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I was grabbing a couple of things from a pile of camping gear in the garage last night when I came across this little beauty. I kept an eye on it while the girlfriend grabbed a camera, so I managed to get a few photos before he dissapeared in to a rolled up tent.

Apologies for the blurriness of a couple of the photos, but can anyone ID it for me? The body was a fairly solid brown, with the only noticeable markings being the ones on either side of the head.

I'm fine having a few snakes around the house, but will be in the garage a fair in the next couple of weeks as i'm in the process of moving...and would prefer not to be sharing the space with any sort of brown snake :p

Cheers,

Tony

Attachments

• DSC_0653 (Large).JPG
    DSC_0653 (Large).JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0335 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0335 (Large).JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0336 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0336 (Large).JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 242
Wow fast replies! Thanks to both of you :)

If that's the case then i'm not bothered if it wants to stay for a bit, but I really don't want to see the next tenant think a shovel is the solution. If the situation does arise, can anyone recommend someone on the northside of brisbane to relocate it?

yeah i did a rescue about 8 months ago and it was a golden crown and placed it in an enclosure till the next morning to release in daylight it escaped and is in my bedroom !!!! on the loose

mildly ven !

Yes they're venomous but the worst that will happen is some itchiness and swelling in the bite area

Certainly was a beautiful snake to admire :) Just wish I had the DSLR on hand a little bit earlier, only managed to get that one clear shot before I lost her inside the tent. Had time to get a few shots with the iphone, but the flash ruined them and caused some banding (see attached photo). Hopefully if we cross paths again I can get some better shots...

Incidentally, disturbed a huge huntsman not long after taking that shot (under the tent in left of frame) which decided the smartest place to take refuge was also inside the tent. Couldn't help but wonder what transpired after that :p

Attachments

• Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back