Help Me Choose a Name ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i know a couple that have a 10 week old baby and he still hasn't got a name. we live in a sad world.

I guess some people are short on inspiration and imagination.

Redlittlejim, "shiraz" would go with any gender too. Best to pick a sharp sounding name so the snake can clearly hear it.

I guess some people are short on inspiration and imagination.

Redlittlejim, "shiraz" would go with any gender too. Best to pick a sharp sounding name so the snake can clearly hear it.

i started a thread on naming snakes and was suprized at how many people do it with a large collection... Waterrat, out of curiosity, by saying "so the snake can clearly hear it" does that mean they will actually react to there name after a while? i know you have a lot of exp with snakes, have you ever had a snake that reacted to its name and not just you walking in the room? honest question

I just don't get it. Do parents ask on forums how name their kid? I always thought naming someone or something close is a very personal decision. Apparently not.

Want to help me name my little girl who is due in a month? lol

I googled "Whitesnake" (band) and they had an album named "Trouble" (1978). A bit out there for a name but I like it.

its not about naming the snake so that it reacts to being called, its about naming it so that when you are referring to it you can say its name. eg ' i have to feed lucy today' or 'hows lucy going?'

i dont know why people get so narky about this when these threads are started. if you dont name your own snakes, that fine! just dont pick on others who do and dont reply to the thread! you DONT HAVE TO BE NASTY JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN!

its not about naming the snake so that it reacts to being called, its about naming it so that when you are referring to it you can say its name. eg ' i have to feed lucy today' or 'hows lucy going?'

i dont know why people get so narky about this when these threads are started. if you dont name your own snakes, that fine! just dont pick on others who do and dont reply to the thread! you DONT HAVE TO BE NASTY JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN!

A fair opinion.
Though i wish i could sort threads like email. Then i wouldn't have to look at the 'Junk' folder.

who was being nasty about it?
i totally get the whole being able to refer to a snake to make identification easier. i was just curious about waterrat saying that a sharp name is better so the snake can hear it... so was curious if they do react etc?

Well no-one in this thread was being nasty, sarcstic yes but not nasty, but i have seen it happen in plenty of other threads.
I just meant that if you dont believe in naming your snake then dont comment on these sort of threads. it will make things much more pleasant.

I have a stimsons and her name is stephanie, My albino is Ivory, my blonde childreni is blondy. All my snakes have names I think it adds to their character and I agree My kids and I say such and such shed today or such and such has pooed etc But naming snakes is something that sometimes you have to wait and see before you name them. I like to naming threads. The only ones that don't have names are the baby bredli not when there is 21 destined for new homes.

i totally get the whole being able to refer to a snake to make identification easier. i was just curious about waterrat saying that a sharp name is better so the snake can hear it... so was curious if they do react etc?
No they do not react to names...unless of course their name is a series of low frequency pulses and you call their name using a speaker system

he was making a joke about how they don't respond to names like dogs/cats :p

(thought I'd tell you now before he replies)

Most of my snakes are nameless (poor buggers) but as part of a scientific experiment, I named two chondros Cabernet and Sauvignon. I start calling them (on our porch) around 6pm on most days and they always come together about 30 minutes later. It's amazing!

Really? Cause when o whistle they only take 25 minutes...maybe you should change your tactics lol

LOL I saw how many pages there were and thought someone was offering prizes.

Naming snakes can make life easier but I didn't bother after the first two, then I booked a vet appointment yesterday and the secretary asks, What's the animals name? I dunno, Snake. Yes but whats it's name. It doesn't have one. Well can you think of one. I dunno, Snake no4. So your just going to give your pet a number? Yes, is that ok? I suppose but most people name their pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back