Gay Discrimination

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
who would have thought there is a large number of gay / lesbian / bi and transgender reptile keepers congratulations to those that have came forward to give great imput

who would have thought there is a large number of gay / lesbian / bi and transgender reptile keepers congratulations to those that have came forward to give great imput

I started on this site, everyone came out after I did.... I started it, see it's just cool these days ;)

nath your being a ....well I reckon i'd would be banned.....

I work with a gay chap. He was the best man at my wedding. He is a normal guy as far as anyone is concerned. He doesn't act like a typical gay person where everything is overly dramatic or where he needs to be noticed cause he is gay.

I knew another gay guy once who was the complete opposite. Must be that case of two sides to every story things again.

Oh god that sounds terrible!! So when you discover he's gay you realise he's not actually 'normal' like straight people?????????

Why does anyone's personality have to be a direct reflection of their sexuality?? Can't it just be that there's some people you get along with and some you don't. Does it have to be because they're gay and 'act that way' or not? Maybe you just got along with your best man, and you just didn't click with the other guy? There's plenty of straight people that are overly dramatic and in your face!! Sorry, not a direct attack against you, but it's just a topic that really gets to me!!!

Last edited:
I know plenty of feminine straight guys, and while I don't know many gay guys (or at least, openly gay guys) :)() I myself and fairly "normal"

It's a personality thing, not a sexuality thing

gillsy said:
Do you choose to be straight, go on sleep with another of the same sex. It's your choice to be straight if your ignorant mind set proves right.

Dunno where that reply came from? o_O

The comment, was people choose to be gay. You can't choose your sexuality. It's hardwired in, it's the same as you going I'm going to sleep with a guy today, you find that almost repulsive I do when thinking about sleeping with girls.

You should look at the legal age for same sex sex as well and compare that to the legal hetrosexual sex age.
Is there a difference? Cos that's really sick, if there is. I can't believe people, especially officials, see a difference.

My favorite quote to gay people is: Aren't you too young to be gay? :p :D They seem to like that one :)

I'm sure they do.

gillsy said:
The comment, was people choose to be gay. You can't choose your sexuality. It's hardwired in, it's the same as you going I'm going to sleep with a guy today, you find that almost repulsive I do when thinking about sleeping with girls.

Oh. You quoted my comment in between your points and used very targeted language (to make me think you were replying to me). If you actually were, I have no idea where you got that I find gay sex or coupling repulsive. I think quite the opposite actually.

It had to be said.

Oh god that sounds terrible!! So when you discover he's gay you realise he's not actually 'normal' like straight people?????????

Why does anyone's personality have to be a direct reflection of their sexuality?? Can't it just be that there's some people you get along with and some you don't. Does it have to be because they're gay and 'act that way' or not? Maybe you just got along with your best man, and you just didn't click with the other guy? There's plenty of straight people that are overly dramatic and in your face!! Sorry, not a direct attack against you, but it's just a topic that really gets to me!!!

Yeah, It got to me, too, though I can see SniperCap didn't mean it to. It's an ignorance thing. Gays are no different to us and even lableing them a group can be discrimination. I think, for future reference, people are people and that's that.

Oh. You quoted my comment in between your points and used very targeted language (to make me think you were replying to me). If you actually were, I have no idea where you got that I find gay sex or coupling repulsive. I think quite the opposite actually.
haha define 'the opposite'

Now thats the basis the American army is using.
LOL! People ASSUME you like females, as they ASSUME I like males! You tell them otherwise to correct their assumption! DUH!!

Last edited:
There was when I was in grade 11 doing Law at school. Did my ethic assignment on it too.

It concerns me that a few very young people in this thread have expressed a levell of confusion at their feelings for the same sex, which is quite normal for people going through puberty. Surely adults that have the ability to make sound and informed decisions about their lifestyles, also have a responsibilty to make sure those choices don't negatively impact the lives of impressionable teenagers. By overt displays of homosexuality such as mardi gras ETC, don't you run the risk of compounding that confusion with your attempts at normalising a practice that is still deemed socially taboo by a large section, if not the majority of society.

I personally don't have a problem with homosexuality but I do have a problem with the fact that some members of the gay community have to be so in your face about it, I also don't understand why they have to make a spectacle of it by running events like the mardi gras. Maybe if you all made an attempt to conform to societies norms a little more your sexuality wouldn't be so confronting to some members of society.

There is only one thing that gets me about the whole homosexual argument. Fairy Penguins has been made politically incorrect on the chance it may offend the gay community. How stupid is that? Now we have to call them Little blue penguins......... While we are at it lets call actual fairies little winged people. And Fairy Bread sprinkle bread.
People are entitled to live their life however they chose and I have no problem with it. Be gay be straight doesn't affect me. I am so sick of hearing the homophobes go on about how gay people will ruin the church and how God made AIDS to punish the homos. Its all so wrong. Leave them alone they have done nothing too you.

It concerns me that a few very young people in this thread have expressed a levell of confusion at their feelings for the same sex, which is quite normal for people going through puberty. Surely adults that have the ability to make sound and informed decisions about their lifestyles, also have a responsibilty to make sure those choices don't negatively impact the lives of impressionable teenagers. How would me being openly gay be a 'negative' impact on the life of a teenager?By overt displays of homosexuality such as mardi gras ETC, don't you run the risk of compounding that confusion with your attempts at normalising (are you saying that homosexuality is not normal?)a practice that is still deemed socially taboo by a large section, if not the majority of society. So, your theory is this. That a young person could be swayed into homosexuality just because they are exposed to it on TV etc? Well ok.... why am i not straight? I have straight parents, who showed their heterosexual affection to each other in front of me. I had NO gay friends growing up. I was not allowed to watch any TV shows where there were gay people on it. Yet..... i am gay. I was not 'influenced' NEGATIVELY into being gay. Yes i was confused when i was young, the confusion is becuase you are made to think it is not NORMAL.

I personally don't have a problem with homosexuality but I do have a problem with the fact that some members of the gay community have to be so in your face about it, I also don't understand why they have to make a spectacle of it by running events like the mardi gras. Maybe if you all made an attempt to conform to societies norms a little more your sexuality wouldn't be so confronting to some members of society.
I am not what most would consider 'camp' and i am definitely not feminine. But why not celebrate Mardi Gras? Why not celebrate equal rights and how they have progressed in society? I think Mardi Gras is a great celebration.

There is only one thing that gets me about the whole homosexual argument. Fairy Penguins has been made politically incorrect on the chance it may offend the gay community. How stupid is that? Now we have to call them Little blue penguins.........

I agree with you herer.... this is ridiculous! Sometimes being PC just goes too far.

Jay, I agree with 100% what you said,

If it is shown on TV as being 'normal' it may just save a young person's life from suicide, I had one member of my Mardi Gras team tell me the other night, if she hadn't volunteered she was on the way to committing suicide. I get bombarded with 'Straight' images, yet I wouldnt' wish to be straight for all the money in the world.

By allowing gay images and characters on TV, he has helped many young people who are struggling with the fact they may be gay. Some will experiment and decide it's not for them, some will realise they are gay and some will still try and hide it only have to have depression later in life.

I did have depression when I was younger over being gay, but you know what solved it, walking in a gay bar, and realising this is normal, I'm not alone. So all for having it exposed as much as it is.

And the sooner it becomes the "norm" on tv, the sooner discussions like this need not take place.

I agree with Steve, I don't like overtly, in-your-face gay people but I also don't like overtly, in-your-face PEOPLE, whether they be gay, straight or other they all annoy me :p.
It seems to be slowing becoming more talked about publicly and I think it is being shown as being "normal" more often but the unfortunate thing is the "slowly" part. It is always a difficult and slow process for things like this to change and I really feel sorry for you guys and girls who are still living in a time when bigots of the world feel they should tell you how to conduct personal parts of your lives that have nothing to do with them.
Jay I watched your first video and it actually brought tears to my eyes. It sucks that young people feel there is no other option for them because of something they had no choice/control over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back