Black and white jungle morph

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
newbie question
what would happen if u breed a black and gold with a black and white, would you just get 50/50 of each or is there more to it?
sorry never bred any reptiles or snake before.

All you will do by this is to dilute the color from each!

black and white jungles are just a locality just like black and gold jungles are locality

Sorry Matt but I disagree. The locality names are being given to captive bred carpets that look like their ancestors from particular localities. If you have a B&W carpet, it doesn't mean it's a Julatten locality animal just like B&gold is not necessarily a Palmerston. This is what drives me nuts. Why can't they be called according to what they look like instead of a locality name?

just search in for sale forum here and there are plenty.

I just bought a cracker female for $350- and she is very white after only 2 sheds.

Aim for Tremain's (sorry if spelt wrong) line

I guess average is now $400-500ea

yea sorry water rat i didnt go threw the hole plocatlity side of it, but people were talking about jullatens before and thats what i was referring to, but yea i agree, like palmerston there is black and gold and think it was the palmerstons that sxr produced that are black and whites that was produced from black and gold pairing, same with athertons and their colour difference between the clutch, and coastals are a good example of that

there are a few lines of black and whites around
julattens and daintrees but as waterrat said their not locality specific colours just captive bred for those traits
imo the black and whites look nice if they have solid black in their markings rather than grey or the 3rd colour that creeps in

old pic but heres one of mine
IMG_3175.jpg

That's the kind of jungle I'm looking for but can't seem to find one anywhere, there all like the photo I posted before, it's getting annoying

Hey mate,

Not to start an onslought but if you are fairly new to snakes i would reccomend keeping them for a few years and getting your husbandry practices down pat to start with before breeding. Just a suggestion as there is a lot to learn from them. But good luck with your future endeavours.

Quick question, I lived on a bush camp in Urunga, NSW (near Nambucca Heads) and we had a python tat used to come 'visit' for want of a better description. He/she was quite calm and my son who was 3 at the time and had no fear used to happily pat it. Any way, I was always amazed by it because it was pure black and white but it didn't look like any of the jungles I have seen on here and the only thing I am certain it wasn't was a diamond. I am not sure what snakes would be local to that area. Any ideas.

Hey mate,

Not to start an onslought but if you are fairly new to snakes i would reccomend keeping them for a few years and getting your husbandry practices down pat to start with before breeding. Just a suggestion as there is a lot to learn from them. But good luck with your future endeavours.

I'm not new to snakes, I own 3 ATM ( blonde spotted, black headed and an antherton jungle) ive got the hunsbandry not a problem and ive been researching everything that comes with breeding, I'm not going in half assed, forums are the best qnd fastest source of info in my opinion, it's like what I said at the start, "I'm new to breeding"

Haha well there is one thing I am yet to ask someone I've been meaning to ask for a couple of years now, is there a big difference in caring for and general attitude for a female compared to a male? All my snakes are males and never really asked anyone haha

Last edited:
...I was always amazed by it because it was pure black and white but it didn't look like any of the jungles I have seen on here and the only thing I am certain it wasn't was a diamond. I am not sure what snakes would be local to that area. Any ideas.

I doubt it was coastal, if so not pure. I don't know where in NSW that is but the crossing of diamond and coastal distribution is in northern NSW and they're known to cross wildly there, some young produced probably having a black and white pattern. I'm also not sure on the exact distribution of M.s.imbricata but it could've been one of those. And then you can always get the odd one out with fairly individual colouration.

PM Colin (mod) he breeds top quality B&W carpets.

i think colin sold all his b&w's within a few days this year
i was lucky to get one

I'm not new to snakes, I own 3 ATM ( blonde spotted, black headed and an antherton jungle) ive got the hunsbandry not a problem and ive been researching everything that comes with breeding, I'm not going in half assed, forums are the best qnd fastest source of info in my opinion, it's like what I said at the start, "I'm new to breeding"

Haha well there is one thing I am yet to ask someone I've been meaning to ask for a couple of years now, is there a big difference in caring for and general attitude for a female compared to a male? All my snakes are males and never really asked anyone haha

ok how long have you had the 3 snakes for
did you get any as fresh hatchlings
you want 3-5years experiance before you want to start breeding

ive been told that getting a fresh hatchling to eat can be hard at times

i think colin sold all his b&w's within a few days this year
i was lucky to get one

haha.. I still have some there but Im trying to go through orders and sort out people who have been waiting for them. That said they are probably all spoken for but there maybe a couple of strays..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back