Gay Discrimination

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that if the majority of society feels homosexuality is not normal then by society standards it isn't. All of our laws, behaviours and belief systems are governed by societies standards, it is the same system that thankfully allows you to challenge these standards and attempt to implement change, any attempt at change will be met with resistance. I can guarantee that should the tide change and being gay were to become the norm there would be die hard straights there to challenge it and they all would cry discrimination.

One of these young people may look at you and think, well that Jay84 is gay, he seems like a cool bloke, he keeps albino Adders and stuff, maybe my thoughts are normal. He then goes and experiments, only to get a rude shock that by societies standards his actions are not considered normal therefore adding to his confiusion.

Your why am I not straight argument doesn't hold. As humans we are naturally heterosexual, by being gay (whether by choice or genetics) you are breaking the mould not vice versa.

You have every right to celebrate mardi gras and you should exercise that right. I don't like it, it's the same as any other group or individual that takes their beliefs and practices to the extreme, it only alienates them further.

Jay I watched your first video and it actually brought tears to my eyes. It sucks that young people feel there is no other option for them because of something they had no choice/control over

That video is amazing and bought tears to my eyes too, not just for feeling sorry for those poor teens who did end their life, but also because it reminded me of the times i almost became like them. A statistic. Another gay teen who committed suicide. I used to constantly think about ways to end my life. I used to drive my car with the stereo blaring, tears streaming down my face, looking at the poles and trees and wanting to just drive into them. I thought this was my only way out.

The thing that saved me, was starting a new job, with some amazing people who i am still friends with today. They were straight girls who showed me i was normal, and i had nothing to be ashamed of.

I grew up in a religious family. TV shows like ''The Block'' (where they renovate a house) were loved shows in my household. Until the gay couple would appear on the screen then my dad would turn the TV off until their section was over. Any reference to gays and the TV was off.

THIS IS MORE OF A NEGATIVE IMPACT ON A TEEN THAN SHOWING MARDI GRAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teens who are brought up with an open mind (whether straight or gay) are more accepting, less judgemental, more mature and definitely less confused and more grounded.

Jay, By saying what I have said, does not mean I agree with your situation. It sounds like your dad may have been having his own struggle with your homosexuality

The fellas from the Block were good blokes I talked with them personally a fair few times as we used to train in their gym

Jay, By saying what I have said, does not mean I agree with your situation. It sounds like your dad may have been having his own struggle with your homosexuality This was years before i came out. My dad was just VERY homophobic and made it known. He is a typical bloke. Being a bricklayer etc etc.

If my parents were more accepting of homosexuality BEFORE i came out, then i am sure i would not have suffered such bad depression. I would have understood what was happening and what i was feeling. Seeing gays on the TV would not have been NEGATIVE TO MY DEVELOPMENT.

The fellas from the Block were good blokes I talked with them personally a fair few times as we used to train in their gym

I will get flamed for this....

I don't have a problem with gay people, I don't have a problem with the mardi gras. My mother is (excuse the derogatory term) a fag hag.

I do believe that homosexuality is a chemical inbalance in the brain (when I say inbalance, I don't mean it in a bad way, either) but I also believe in both sides of the nature v. nurture debate. Look at children who have been brought up in an abusive relationship, they slip into the same patterns, look at kids from low socio economic areas that have no proper grounding, they go NOWHERE. I think it's possible if you expose a young child to homosexuality, they could become confused and even experiment at a young age before they develop feelings in any direction.

Not only could the child become confused, but children are extremely cruel, and if it was known at the childs school that his/her parents were homosexual, I think the kid could be in for a whole school life of ridicule, torment and depression.

I can't understand how hard it must be for some couples who can't have a child, so I won't pretend to. I can imagine the yearning for a child would be insatiable, but I think many things need to be taken into consideration when same sex couples have children.

I mean no disrespect to any homosexual people.

I have never been to Mardi Gras, YET. Because until REACENTLY, i have never felt very proud to be Gay. Ive always been proud to be alive, AUSTRALIAN and a MAN. I now find shame in the fact that i have never lived with the kind of pride that you have when you have totaly accepted yourself. Which is what the Mardi Gras is all about, isnt it. Celabrating gay history, showing pride for ourselves and others. Starngers standing togther to recognise the stuggle that got us to were we are today. And i would hate to think that if Gay Pride and comunity was supressed, how many of the next genaration would go without positave accepting roll models. Many young gay men and women have no one to turn too. How horible that must feel, But being gay is not what it used to be, we can live openly feel accepted and even have children. When my child is born i hope that will be many many people in his or her life that are positive role models, people to guide, teach respect, and show heart and look out for them. both gay and straight.

Unfortunately, some kids don't need a reason to bully or pick on other children.
And I can think of worse things than a child being brought up by two parents (regardless of their gender and sexuality) who love and want you.

LOL they weren't trying to pick me up, at least I don't thin k so.

They must have moved from over here then, maybe a different show, there was two similar ones within a short time. Is one of them a gymnastics instructor?

Kawasaki rider, they are pretty much my thoughts.

I do believe that homosexuality is a chemical inbalance in the brain (when I say inbalance, I don't mean it in a bad way, either) but I also believe in both sides of the nature v. nurture debate. Look at children who have been brought up in an abusive relationship, they slip into the same patterns, look at kids from low socio economic areas that have no proper grounding, they go NOWHERE. I think it's possible if you expose a young child to homosexuality, they could become confused and even experiment at a young age before they develop feelings in any direction.
But this makes no sense at all. Gay people come from all walks of life. From religious backgrounds, low socio economic, immigrants, etc etc etc. Also, how many times do i have to say i was not exposed to homosexuality as a child or teen?!?!?! Many of us were not. What about the country gays who grew up in tiny towns and had no other gays??
Not only could the child become confused, but children are extremely cruel, and if it was known at the childs school that his/her parents were homosexual, I think the kid could be in for a whole school life of ridicule, torment and depression.
This is what has to change though, and it only changes through education and exposure. Things like Mardi Gras shine a light into the gay community. There should be programs at school included in sex ed classes.
I mean no disrespect to any homosexual people.

Whether homosexuality is by choice or nature or whatever I can never agree that it is acceptable for a gay couple to raise children.

Your why am I not straight argument doesn't hold. As humans we are naturally heterosexual, by being gay (whether by choice or genetics) you are breaking the mould not vice versa.

Despite the term "natural" being rather undefined, why do you think this is true? If the rates of homosexuality has been sustained in the population for a long time then surely there is something natural about it. The historic record is littered with evidence of homosexual behaviour dating back thousands of years. I think although homosexuality may not be the behaviour of the mode person the fact that it is widespread and persistent suggests there is a natural reason behind it.

Despite the term "natural" being rather undefined, why do you think this is true? If the rates of homosexuality has been sustained in the population for a long time then surely there is something natural about it. The historic record is littered with evidence of homosexual behaviour dating back thousands of years. I think although homosexuality may not be the behaviour of the mode person the fact that it is widespread and persistent suggests there is a natural reason behind it.

I'm no expert in history, but most of what I understand the majority of that homosexual behaviour was outside of existing hetero relationships which are formed and serve the purpose of reproduction this is what I meant by natural we are intended as man and woman for the sole purpose of reproduction of the species, thats not to say that whatever it is that leads to a person being homosexual is unnatural.

This could be a whole new thread!

It's one point I will never change my mind on, neither will I bother debating it in another thread, but it's been said

Last edited:
LOL Jay don't bother Bro, the thread wouldbe interesting but closed in a minute because of slander and ignorance.....IMO, I feel IF you have something to worry about ie gay people, you have something to be scared of and thats your own sexuality! I am comfortable with mine after living in Surry Hills as well, for 10 years and working with Gay men as a dancer in my past life, who did try to hit on me, but I replied i'm straight dude and the guys accepted this and played mucked around with me only! Being straight to a gay person is a turn off, correct me if i'm wrong Jay. :)
I find alot of gay men are the funniest people I have met, they are fun to be with and a laugh.
I am married with 3 kids and my wife work in the media and also works with gay men & women, again, they are just like you and me...and there's no issues for us as parents knowing gay friends and certainly our kids are brought up to respect all people!
We don't hang out with gays anymore as we are too old and ugly for the pretty people scene now...lol, but as a dad I would feel disappointed that my son was gay, but I wouldn't stop loving him and would get over it i'm sure!!
JMO... :)
Remember many male specie in the world want to procreate with as many animals of the speci as possible....including same sex sometimes...not my thing but that's the problem with having balls... :) they get you into trouble all the time!!

Last edited:
You could have said the same about this thread, but it cotinued on for the most part quite civily

So it's ok for a drug addicted mother bring up children, but not for a loving gay couple. I would never bring a child into a gay relationship however have no problems with other couples doing it.

My mother takes foster kids, and I would hands down without a second thought give any of the children to Jay and his boyfriend, before I would give the kids back to their biological parents.

Every year I volunteer for the Mardi Gras, slowly working my way higher and higher in the Ranks, there is a hell of a lot that goes on behind the scenes not just a gay parade. It's a film festival, it's dance parties, it's awards it costs millions to put on, through sponsership and donations, yet it brings in many times that in revenue for the government.

It is the second bigger outdoor event in NSW after NYE, it is a huge economic boost for all of NSW not just the 'gay' people. It's a big tourist draw card that beams right around the world. Before anyone dishes it, it is bar NYE the single biggest tourist puller for NSW every year. It also helped Sydney win Events capital of the world 2010

. Look at children who have been brought up in an abusive relationship, they slip into the same patterns, look at kids from low socio economic areas that have no proper grounding, they go NOWHERE. .

I understand that this is true in some cases, but many children who grow up where there is abuse won't act the same way because they know how much it hurts people. When I was a kid my mother was an alcoholic and my stepfather was mentally abusive. He was around until I was 8, then he was finally kicked out. I have never followed those patterns of behaviour, I hate alcohol because of the way people act when they are under the influence of it, I have some bad memories of that from when I was a kid. I also hate mental abuse, especially when its being dealt out to a child. We don't all turn out bad ;)

I don't think having gay parents would necessarily make a kid experiment, and I'm sure the child's parents would explain things to them. If there was a choice between a child being adopted into a family with straight parents who were abusive or having the child go to a family with gay parents who would not abuse them, I would much rather the child go to the gay couple. As long as the child is loved and well looked after I don't see why them having gay parents should be a problem.

Being straight to a gay person is a turn off, correct me if i'm wrong Jay. :) Correct, i have many straight friends and i am not attracted to them lol. Straight males seem to think that ALL gay men are attracted to them! hahahaha. WHAT A JOKE. Reality check guys.... just like most girls are not attracted to you, neither are gay men hahaha
We don't hang out with gays anymore as we are too old and ugly for the pretty people scene now...lol,

Gillsy likes the DADDIES !!!! hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back