Gay Discrimination

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*draws long bow*

But maybe, just maybe... he (steve) is singling out male-homosexuals, not because of
anything sexual, but instead the socially constructed gender roles that exist in society
if so i could see his point (not that i actually care or agree lol).

I dont even know what to say to this, except that until i had my daughter i never really understood the whole same sex couples with babies thing, especially with men. before you all get upset with me please read on. once i held her and understood the love ANY parent feels for their child i understood. watching my husband with our daughter is amazing. i think EVERYONE should have the right to be a parent.

sorry i know i am not explaining myself well, but thats what happens when u are up all night with a 2yr old....

And having children comes down to that pure and simple... It is about someone loving their child, adopted, biological, gay, straight, blue or purple.

*draws long bow*

But maybe, just maybe... he (steve) is singling out male-homosexuals, not because of
anything sexual, but instead the socially constructed gender roles that exist in society
if so i could see his point (not that i actually care or agree lol).

no no, he said this as a personal opinion of his. ''I have to question the motives of same sex couples wanting children, inparticularly gay men.''

I eagerly await his reply.

I have worded my posts politely and have not taken a personal swipe at anybody.
Sex slaves Gillsy? where did you pull that from?
It is so difficult for same sex couples to enquire about having children because whether you like it or not I'm not the only thick as bricks redneck that feels this way.
I also know gay people male and female that I would leave my daughter with however although they disagree with some of my beliefs they don't belittle me for them.
As far as questioning the motives of same sex couples I believe it's more about wanting what society says they can't have rather than raising a child. I guess I also just feel it's more understandable that gay women would want children because they are more maternal than men.

The difference is we can reproduce naturally as nature intended it.

What does it matter if someone can naturally reproduce. Why can't gay have children in you opinion. Be the same token. By your opinion woman shouldn't be allowed to use ivf as that's not natural. What a arrogant opinion.

I guess I also just feel it's more understandable that gay women would want children because they are more maternal than men.

Thats what i thought you might of been getting at.
In a heterosexual relationship its usually the female banging on about having kids.
Two guys in a relationship should be a get out of jail free card lol

By the way half a dozen posts have been put up in the time I typed mine, my comments had nothing to do with sexual motives of gay men

I believe it's more about wanting what society says they can't have rather than raising a child. I guess I also just feel it's more understandable that gay women would want children because they are more maternal than men.

So... you think that they go through months of planning, research, agonizing over every single detail and fighting tooth and nail to have their own baby/child in an act of rebellion (especially from Gay men, because men can't be maternal)? Obviously no gay person ever wants to have children or have a family, they just want an accessory to prove to society they'd make good parental figures, then dump it on the curb when they're done.

Just wow...

Obviously you have much more faith in the human race than me.

As far as questioning the motives of same sex couples I believe it's more about wanting what society says they can't have rather than raising a child. I guess I also just feel it's more understandable that gay women would want children because they are more maternal than men.

Do you have children?? Do you not love your children as much as your wife just because you are male? Are you saying that every father on this forum did not want to have children as much as any woman?? That they also do not love their children as much as their wives?

You think it is a case of wanting something just because we can't have it?!?!? You can not be serious Steve? You think that it is some sort of game? something so trivial that we only want kids to prove a point? i am quite shocked.

i think i have so many pets cause i cant have children , it fills a void in my life i come home and have pets to tend to

By the way half a dozen posts have been put up in the time I typed mine, my comments had nothing to do with sexual motives of gay men

I find it difficult to beleive that you didn't post that comment without knowing full well that members would read between the lines and the response it would bring.

You knew you would illicit that response. Otherwise you would have explained your posotion. Your explanation took two lines, if you weren't being a troll you would have explained.

Do you have children?? Do you not love your children as much as your wife just because you are male? Are you saying that every father on this forum did not want to have children as much as any woman?? That they also do not love their children as much as their wives?

You think it is a case of wanting something just because we can't have it?!?!? You can not be serious Steve? You think that it is some sort of game? something so trivial that we only want kids to prove a point? i am quite shocked.
I have to agree with this!!! Male or female we all have maturnal instincts and I for one could not live my life without, watching my kids grow which brings me a joy that is second to none.
Now please leave me to put on my leather G-string and dance again..... like have never danced before!! :)

I have worded my posts politely and have not taken a personal swipe at anybody.
Sex slaves Gillsy? where did you pull that from?
It is so difficult for same sex couples to enquire about having children because whether you like it or not I'm not the only thick as bricks redneck that feels this way.
I also know gay people male and female that I would leave my daughter with however although they disagree with some of my beliefs they don't belittle me for them.

So what your saying is because they are a male couple they shouldn't want children, did you want chlidren with your wife.

Explain the difference between you wanting children with your partner and a gay male wanting children.

Why do you question the motives of gay men, you still haven't explained your reasoning, like we have some Ulterior motive for having them... remember we don't get the baby bonus... yet the local drug addict who is having children is. Why do you go preach to her about having children, oh that's right you wont that's 'natural'

The difference is we can reproduce naturally as nature intended it.
While I respect that to you personally, your feelings for your partner are sincere and natural, unfortunately the majority of society doesn't see it that way. How can this be a good foundation for raising a child? and with that in mind, and as a parent myself I have to question the motives of same sex couples wanting children, inparticularly gay men.

Just because you can reproduce(as you call it) does not mean that you should.. You would have to agree that a hell of a lot of couples have children because they just end up preg.. and deal with it the best that they can. and good on them. Im many situations people have to try and try honestly its like climing Mt Friggen Everest, to have chinldren. and its because we want this so bad...These are the kind of people that we want raising children, not the kind who can give birth like giant sprinklers scatering basterd children to the four corners of the earth..and dont even care....And if you actully new and gay or Les couples you would now that they would make increadable parents. Some of the gay people that i no are so insperational in every single thing that they do, and i am so proud to no them. You might think that gay men want to be farthers for the wrong reasons, what about gay women, or do you think two women togther is hot,,,the thought of you to gay women is def not hot.... The sick thoughts that make you question gay parents make you the one to be questioned. call the police, I would rip the head off anyone who touched my kids... what would you do....

.But this makes no sense at all. Gay people come from all walks of life. From religious backgrounds, low socio economic, immigrants, etc etc etc. Also, how many times do i have to say i was not exposed to homosexuality as a child or teen?!?!?! Many of us were not. What about the country gays who grew up in tiny towns and had no other gays??

Mate, read my posts. I believe that the vast majority of homosexual people out there have no choice in the matter. It IS a chemical inbalance in the glands that excrete sex hormones.

There is NOTHING wrong with being gay, but young children are impressionable. If they grow up like this they MAY feel homosexual themselves. I can't say this 100% for sure, but I believe that nature AND nurture both play a part in how any animal grows up.

Unfortunately, some kids don't need a reason to bully or pick on other children.
And I can think of worse things than a child being brought up by two parents (regardless of their gender and sexuality) who love and want you.

I know some kids don't need a reason to be *******s.. But if they find a reason, the bullying can be relentless and focussed on the same person, which could have a whole range of consequences. The child could end up resenting the parents or anything.

I have to question the motives of same sex couples wanting children, inparticularly gay men.

I disagree with this part, mate. If you take my theory into account (homosexuality is brought on by vast amounts of the "wrong" sex hormone floating around inside someone), it's plausible to think that a gay man would have some form of motherly tendancies. I'm a 19 year old straight male, so I don't have any desire for kids, and therefore can't fathom it lol. But I believe that there are legitimate reasons for homosexuals to want a family.

That ^^^ Is a WHOLE other issue... I still don't think gay people raising children is a great idea.

Last edited:
Mate, read my posts. I believe that the vast majority of homosexual people out there have no choice in the matter. It IS a chemical inbalance in the glands that excrete sex hormones.

There is NOTHING wrong with being gay, but young children are impressionable. If they grow up like this they MAY feel homosexual themselves. I can't say this 100% for sure, but I believe that nature AND nurture both play a part in how any animal grows up.

I know some kids don't need a reason to be *******s.. But if they find a reason, the bullying can be relentless and focussed on the same person, which could have a whole range of consequences. The child could end up resenting the parents or anything.

There is a lot of research on this topic. All the information i have read up on has shown that being homosexual is not a product of environment.

Sociologists would give anything to prove it stemmed from social factors, they hate biology :) (and all real science laughs at them lol)

There is a lot of research on this topic. All the information i have read up on has shown that being homosexual is not a product of environment.

Dude, that is what I've been saying!!! It's CHEMICAL!! BUUUUT YOUNG CHILDREN ARE IMPRESSIONABLE. No one knows how a young mind could potentially be shaped. Has anyone done research into children raised by same sex couples?

There is no doubt in my mind that SOME children bought up by same sex couples would experiment, or even think they themselves, were gay.

How would anyone have been able to conduct tests of homosexuality being a product of environment?

I'll state this one last time, I have been reiterating myself quite a bit in this thread that I believe homosexuality has a bio chemical reason. But I still believe it's possible for young children to be VERY confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back