New Addition

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice photography Sara, you obviously like the Shannon Plummer style.

Thanks Michael, actually I prefer more natural shots. I like the style of your shots as well so I'd like to source some nice fake rock and maybe have a go at that. Now I have the new camera I'd like to go herping a bit more too. I do like Shannon's photos though.
I got into the habit of taking the photos this way because it was convenient and my last camera hated low light, this was a quick and easy way to give it a lot of light to work with.

Last edited:
I just scanned through this whole thread - no one asked you how you did it and what gear you're using. Can you tell us?

Canon 500d, Canon ef50 f1.8 lens and a diy light tent (cardboard box lined with black paper with some holes cut into the side that are covered with wax paper, the wax paper helps to diffuse the light and eliminate glare form the lamps). Honestly I haven't been doing this for long and I've picked up a lot just by playing with my camera, I've still got so much to learn, especially with lighting. This seems to work well for smaller snakes.

The results are certainly great. Are you using flashguns or other light source?

Thanks Michael :D No flash guns, I'd like to look into that kind of stuff though. Depending of time of day I'll usually set up lamps behind the wax paper. It might sound odd but I've found I get nice results if I carry the light box outside and use it in the sun.
I get the natural colours of the snake and the paper diffuses the glare of the sun.

Thanks Michael :D No flash guns, I'd like to look into that kind of stuff though. Depending of time of day I'll usually set up lamps behind the wax paper. It might sound odd but I've found I get nice results if I carry the light box outside and use it in the sun.
I get the natural colours of the snake and the paper diffuses the glare of the sun.

doesn't sound odd to me and even if it did.. bugger what it sounds like! the results are amazing. any tips/suggestions for taking photos through glass into a water scene? :D
i would love an SLR camera but unfortunately i spend all my money on snakes so only have a point and shoot camera that i only got given very recently.
here are the best photos I could manage with a point and shoot using the 13W UVB2.0 and a red heat light that was already in-situ as a light source. http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/diy-zone-5392/pictures-semi-aquatic-enclosure-setup-158576/

Gorgeous little albino by the way and definitely on my wish list... which is way too long.

doesn't sound odd to me and even if it did.. bugger what it sounds like! the results are amazing. any tips/suggestions for taking photos through glass into a water scene?

Have you got any of the latest Reptiles Australia mags?

No worries, I'll grab a few shots of the set up next time I'm taking some photos, so probably the next day or so

congrats on your new addition and you captured him beautifully your photos are stunning. !

I'm not really an Albino fan, but what a sensational looking little fella. Either he's photogenic or your a wiz with the camera. great pics

Thanks, he's a great little snake. Can't wait to get some photos of him when he gets older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back