chameleon or dragon?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eitak

Reaction score
So the other day at uni one of the boys in my class tried convincing me that he saw a chameleon in a pet shop. I tried explaining it couldn't of been for the many reasons, but he was adament.

So I took the next available oppurtunity to visit said pet shop and found a bearded dragon. Not sure how he got them mixed up but he did. It was quite a sorry looking dragon and the lady at the pet store and the owner explained to me she had heard of him through a friend, he had been living in a house not being looked after and owned without a licence. She took it upon herself to go to the house and demanded the sick lizard be given to her.

She got the lizard and was able to keep it. He must of been very neglected as when I saw him and he had lost half his tail most of his toes and has scars from from where some sort of infection ran rampid on him, his tail looks like it has chunks missing from where it was infected but has now healed some the diametre of a 20 cent piece. He is 6 yrs old and not nearly the size you would expect. He also had a warty looking scab which the lady said he was covered in when she first got him. She has had him for a yr and seeing him now I would have hated to have seen him a year ago.

The lady explained how many hundreds she has lost in vet bills but you could see she loved him to bits and regardless of his past owners he was soo placid and apparently will roam around the garden with her and not run away.

It makes me sick how some people treat animals. I bet the previous owners had him to look cool got sick of him and left him to literally rot. I'm surprised he lasted the apparent 5 years before she got him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back