Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can call me every name in the book to try to offend me, but here is the bottom line. I as an American have the freedom to catch, breed, sell, trade, import, and export reptiles freely. You as Australians don’t. You are jealous and resent the freedoms that Americans have. We have access to almost any reptile we want and you resent that. That is why you make derogatory comments about Americans. I can get all those elapids, it just takes money. The only argument you have is based on conservation which is because you have no other arguments to choose from. Your government makes your decision for you and that’s the control they want over you. They don’t want you to rebel against them and I can see they’ve done a very good job of controlling you. This website is based on captive reptiles rather than a holier than thou conservation mission. If you keep a reptile in a cage for a pet or as a collection and then come on here and bash me for doing the very same thing, than that makes you a hypocrite. If you are so against it, then why are you on here in the first place? If you have ever bought, sold, or traded a reptile than you have no leg to stand on based on what you have all been saying on this thread. So after reading this, go ahead and stray off to another topic because you have nothing better to say. I still love you Australia!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Oh wow - that actually made me choke a little...

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but jealousy is not a noun I'd use for me at all.

I am sure some people here wished they could keep corn snakes (legally) - god only knows why though.

I do not wish to offend you - but this is my personal opinion (thus far) - you appear to be very selfish and you wish to bignote yourself with the "Look what I have" attitude - which is very typical of capitilism of course.

What you lack in your collection is exactly what we have - this makes us jealous??? That's the biggest load of codswollop I've ever heard.

What I am very worried about - is despite the incredible knowledge on this site, you still think what you're fighting for is right - despite being the only person who believes this.

There may be some more of your comrades who'd also support your cause - but none of them will be from here - unless they're money hungry smugglers.

So - it's time for you to curl up and run away with your tail between your legs - our snakes, our reptiles and our freedom to talk to trolls will remain.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Oh wow - that actually made me choke a little...

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but jealousy is not a noun I'd use for me at all.

I am sure some people here wished they could keep corn snakes (legally) - god only knows why though.

I do not wish to offend you - but this is my personal opinion (thus far) - you appear to be very selfish and you wish to bignote yourself with the "Look what I have" attitude - which is very typical of capitilism of course.

What you lack in your collection is exactly what we have - this makes us jealous??? That's the biggest load of codswollop I've ever heard.

What I am very worried about - is despite the incredible knowledge on this site, you still think what you're fighting for is right - despite being the only person who believes this.

There may be some more of your comrades who'd also support your cause - but none of them will be from here - unless they're money hungry smugglers.

So - it's time for you to curl up and run away with your tail between your legs - our snakes, our reptiles and our freedom to talk to trolls will remain.

Early troll feeding I see... noice

With all due respect dpedwards08, you are a bit misleading in your suggestions that you can do whatever you like, with whatever you want, just because you are in the USA. Just like Australia, your regulations vary from state to state, there are constraints on what you can export and import, and on the movement of certain species between states and even within individual states. And as you would know, the constraints you have now are being reviewed constantly, mostly with a view to further restricting your 'freedoms'. Just like Australia, some states in the US are better than others with regard to a relaxed approach to reptile keeping, and the only true differences we have here are that we need to do a ridiculous amount of quite pointless paperwork as reptile keepers, and the restrictions on keeping exotics, and the import and export of reptiles internationally. There is an elemnt in Australia which has an interest in exotic reptiles, but for the most part, because Australia has a huge number of quite desirable endemic species, keepers are happy with what they already have here.

You are quite wrong to suggest that individuals overseas can import Australian reptiles, from Australia, by exploiting 'loopholes' in the law. There are none, and any private individuals who do have access to Australian species directly from Australia can only do so by breaking the law.

Reptile keepers worldwide, and maybe especially in the US, are being subjected to increasing bureaucratic and political pressure to control their activities. Despite the picture you paint of the USA, all is NOT rosy in the garden of Eden...

Jamie.

Early troll feeding I see... noice

Trolls have feelings too you know?

However, their feelings aren't well regarded - it's a shame that often this troll talks of education but fails to recieve one....

troll.jpg

Yes I can be a bit selfish at times, but at least I will admit it. I must say that you only know me from what I have posted on here for one topic. You don’t know anything else about me. One of the first things I heard about you is “American this and American that”. It takes a very low person to say derogatory things about one’s country/race. I may not have all the Australian elapids I want yet, but I will in the near future. It is either bred here or can be imported here. We have rattlesnakes, cobras, mambas, etc and yes that makes a lot of Australian keepers jealous because we have what they want and they can't get it. I'm not the only one who thinks Australia should export reptiles. There are many American breeders that would like to be able to get reptiles out of Australia.

I am completely right about importing reptiles from Australia legally. I have been communicating with one individual, who I will not name, within the last week. He has imported from Australia several times legally and is working on an order right now. He has Australian elapids, Australian monitors, and Australia crocs all imported legally with permits. It can be done. He even told me he wishes Australia was more open to export. It may not necessarily be a loophole, but it isn’t common knowledge either. Most common knowledge isn’t entirely true.

We have a heck of a lot more freedoms with keeping reptiles than you do. The Australian government has you on a leash lol. We may have some regulations on venomous snakes, but it’s still legal and we can easily get permits. In one state, you can go to Wal-Mart and buy your venomous snake license for like $10 lol. In the same state you can keep native venomous with a hunting license. There are very few, if any, on non-venomous snakes in the vast majority of America.

Back to my original point, many of you that keep reptiles come on here and bash us Americans for doing the very same thing. You’re hypocrites. You didn’t seem to have anything to say about that, did you? “And the room goes quiet”. *Chirp chirp*

Quick question how is it responsible for someone to be able buy a venomous snake licence for $10. That sounds like a great idea all these people who don't know how to look after snakes can get one that can kill them. Great idea.

The only benefit I can see is it will thin the numbers out

I am completely right about importing reptiles from Australia legally. I have been communicating with one individual, who I will not name, within the last week. He has imported from Australia several times legally and is working on an order right now. He has Australian elapids, Australian monitors, and Australia crocs all imported legally with permits. It can be done. He even told me he wishes Australia was more open to export. It may not necessarily be a loophole, but it isn’t common knowledge either. Most common knowledge isn’t entirely true.

I have to disagree with you again... I've worked within the bureaucracies in this country for over 30 years, and whoever is telling you this stuff is just lying. Private individuals CANNOT import Australian reptiles from Australia under any circumstances, and it has been so for 50 years or more. It can be done for bona fide zoos or scientific reasons, but not for private people, end of story.

You in the States are also coming under much increased pressure with regard to all species regarded as 'dangerous', and this is likely to involve not just venomous snakes, but big constrictors, large monitors and any other animals the fruitloops want to include. There are already regional restrictions on where they can be moved, what states allow them to be moved across their borders.

I absolutely agree with you on the bureucratic bull***** that we have to deal with here - it is pointless and it serves no purpose in conservation at all. And as for those who want to keep exotics here, all the things you mention are here if you want them, but those who do have them simply stay under the radar. There will be an increasing number of your countrymen doing the same thing as the squeeze is applied to keepers in your country too. You'd have to be kidding yourself if you don't think it's going to happen in the USA.

Jamie

Last edited by a moderator:
You can call me every name in the book to try to offend me, but here is the bottom line. I as an American have the freedom to catch, breed, sell, trade, import, and export reptiles freely. You as Australians don’t. You are jealous and resent the freedoms that Americans have. We have access to almost any reptile we want and you resent that. That is why you make derogatory comments about Americans. I can get all those elapids, it just takes money. The only argument you have is based on conservation which is because you have no other arguments to choose from. Your government makes your decision for you and that’s the control they want over you. They don’t want you to rebel against them and I can see they’ve done a very good job of controlling you. This website is based on captive reptiles rather than a holier than thou conservation mission. If you keep a reptile in a cage for a pet or as a collection and then come on here and bash me for doing the very same thing, than that makes you a hypocrite. If you are so against it, then why are you on here in the first place? If you have ever bought, sold, or traded a reptile than you have no leg to stand on based on what you have all been saying on this thread. So after reading this, go ahead and stray off to another topic because you have nothing better to say. I still love you Australia!
Not every democratic country lives in hysterical paranoia of their self-elected government. THE END

Mr Edwards.....I will continue to rationally counter debate rather than poke fun at you although the latter seems way too easy.

Freedom......(probably shouldn't have gone there dude)
We, as Australians have a 236yr history, and in that time our nation has matured into the one you currently see. Our laws and governmental systems are based on English systems which stem back over 1000 yrs and have slowly evolved into the fully tried and tested systems of today. We earned our freedoms in every war. One thing that we are taught is that FREEDOM comes with RESPONSIBILITY. We, as a people, have taken the responsibility for our unique wildlife and stopped the irresponsible, rape and pillage of our natives. If we don't like what our government says or does then we can get rid of them (All aussies must vote...compulsory, so ALL Aussies have their say, again, all Aussies take responsibility).
You, as Americans, have a slightly longer history and in that time you have thrown away all those tried and tested systems. You booted the poms....with a WAR, then fought among yourselves.....with another WAR and finally decided to use a new type of government and write yourselves a new bunch of laws and freedoms. Since then, Americans have the freedom to completely deny responsibility for their actions. You are free to own any animal you want (No matter how dangerous or irresponsible), free to take as many native US animals you want....till extinction, free to get USARK to deny responsibility for the Burmese Python problem (fortunately saved by a freak cold snap), free to carry guns, free to have one of the highest murder rates (haven't put those two together yet have you?), free to cause the global financial crisis, free to accept Aussie banks to bail out US ones, free to kill most of your animals in yearly hunts etc........Golly Mr, I wish I had all your freedoms and the ultimate freedom to deny responsibility.

As far as jealousy.....It is you that covets our animals not vice-versa.

And yes we keep our own natives but under strict laws to save our natives and their natural habitat. Not hypocritical because we also cannot take them from the wild.

I can only hope that one day Americans can start to take responsibility for their actions and also take responsibility for the North American Environment before it is too late.

Australian Customs don't believe their is a Reptile loophole but if there is, it will be shut soon enough.

Mr Edwards.....I will continue to rationally counter debate rather than poke fun at you although the latter seems way too easy.

Freedom......(probably shouldn't have gone there dude)
We, as Australians have a 236yr history, and in that time our nation has matured into the one you currently see. Our laws and governmental systems are based on English systems which stem back over 1000 yrs and have slowly evolved into the fully tried and tested systems of today. We earned our freedoms in every war. One thing that we are taught is that FREEDOM comes with RESPONSIBILITY. We, as a people, have taken the responsibility for our unique wildlife and stopped the irresponsible, rape and pillage of our natives. If we don't like what our government says or does then we can get rid of them (All aussies must vote...compulsory, so ALL Aussies have their say, again, all Aussies take responsibility).
You, as Americans, have a slightly longer history and in that time you have thrown away all those tried and tested systems. You booted the poms....with a WAR, then fought among yourselves.....with another WAR and finally decided to use a new type of government and write yourselves a new bunch of laws and freedoms. Since then, Americans have the freedom to completely deny responsibility for their actions. You are free to own any animal you want (No matter how dangerous or irresponsible), free to take as many native US animals you want....till extinction, free to get USARK to deny responsibility for the Burmese Python problem (fortunately saved by a freak cold snap), free to carry guns, free to have one of the highest murder rates (haven't put those two together yet have you?), free to cause the global financial crisis, free to accept Aussie banks to bail out US ones, free to kill most of your animals in yearly hunts etc........Golly Mr, I wish I had all your freedoms and the ultimate freedom to deny responsibility.

As far as jealousy.....It is you that covets our animals not vice-versa.

And yes we keep our own natives but under strict laws to save our natives and their natural habitat. Not hypocritical because we also cannot take them from the wild.

I can only hope that one day Americans can start to take responsibility for their actions and also take responsibility for the North American Environment before it is too late.

Australian Customs don't believe their is a Reptile loophole but if there is, it will be shut soon enough.
You forgot free to take any country and it's resources and stick their noses into any other countries business, and free to not let any one stick their noses into yours. Free to continue nuclear proliferation while free to impose bans on any other country that tries to do it, free to commit war crimes and not be tried for them, yet free to impose your own brand of justice on any other country you perceive has committed war crimes, and the list goes on.

I stopped short of saying free to cause the terrorism we have to live with.....thought I was just going on, and on, and on. It seemed to get easier the longer I went on.:)

How about a new thread of American freedoms:)

I'm breaking my earlier rule but this thread is becoming (always was?) pointless and now it's turning into a "my country is better" argument. I think it's safe to say most Australians wouldn't want this to happen and even if we did, it would take a thousand years to change the government policy and another thousand to decide on how much paperwork will be required. In short - it's not going to happen, why are you still asking?

Last edited:
I can think of a few herpers who really wouldn't mind the allowing of export to other countries. Even some sponsers on this very site. If it meant a bigger market place for them to be able to sell their stock.

Lets face it, we are quite willing to accept the breakdown of the law when it comes to importing certain snakes, smuggled in under the radar, bred up and released into the masses.

Personally, after witnessing the last couple of years of snake "hobby" I feel fairly confident to say that there would be dozens if not hundreds of people who would not hesitate to jump on the exportation of captive bred reptiles to overseas countries markets.

It may well never happen, but don't kid yourselves that it wouldn't have support.

We don't have to sell to annoying Americans, there's the French, the English the Canadians...

I sent a care guide for diamonds to a Brazilian last year as he was trying to breed them and they were going for 2.5k where he is. On another note I received a pm on another site from a German who wanted me to tell him where he might be able to find diamonds and other species around here. I told him politely to F off, and he replied saying that he was also heading north to catch crocs! So your joke earlier on is very relevant.

On another note I received a pm on another site from a German who wanted me to tell him where he might be able to find diamonds and other species around here. I told him politely to F off, and he replied saying that he was also heading north to catch crocs!

Send him up here I can put him onto a good spot. Those 5-7 metre ones are really easy to catch. Tell him to buy one way ticket .......

I guess at the end of the day mate you've come on to an Aussie for asking Aussies for their opinion once its been given to you you've gone and had a temper tantrum because we havent agreed with you. Ranting and raving your "I'm American, I'm American" high and mighty Better than all of us attitude isn't going to change anyones opinions and really isn't shedding a positive light on your fellow country men or country. yes you can get all sorts of cool herps over there, no ones arguing the fact. the main reasons we don't allow it have already been stated so i wont rehash over it. it's the age old saying mothers have used for years " you get what your given and you thank god you've got it." would i love to be able to keep a chameleon or an iguana or similiar hell yeah but what if they escaped and started competing with natives for territory and so on and so forth. the last thing i want is our natives being wiped out all because some irresponsible owners have let there pets escape and killed off the natives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back