share housing - money owed.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ravan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just wondering...
I recently left a share house, and most of the bills were in my name... so I had them cancelled, and they sent out the last bills...

Now i've moved out, and my former housemate has decided to stop replying to my messages/calls, deleted me off facebook, etc...

so is there any way im going to be able to recover the money she owes me?
or am I just going to suck it up and pay for it?

any advice is appreciated.

suck it up. it sucks but unless its a large amount of money then its not worth the hassle.

Unfortunately that is a lesson learnt, not worth the hassles mate.

no way of getting any money unless you have in writing what your housemate was to pay and can prove that she hasnt paid you. just hope you havent been burnt like my last housemate burnt me. cost me close to $3000

no way of getting any money unless you have in writing what your housemate was to pay and can prove that she hasnt paid you. just hope you havent been burnt like my last housemate burnt me. cost me close to $3000

I had a housemate years ago burn me for around $1500 or so so in return i burnt all there stuff......

thought so... meh, its only a couple hundred dollars, but still, sucks when you're the one that has to pay because other people are too busy clubbing and partying to bother to have any responsibilities..

thought so... meh, its only a couple hundred dollars, but still, sucks when you're the one that has to pay because other people are too busy clubbing and partying to bother to have any responsibilities..

just think yourself lucky that it only a couple of hundred. just pay it and move on. better luck with the next housemate

wait until you marry a flatmate and they end up taking the house

lol!

what annoys me the most, is that my grandmother payed for her to move.. so its not only me that's out of pocket, its my grandmother too...

I had a lawyer friend call my ex house mate and word "pay the money go to court" in legal terms as a verbal contract will stand in court
Scared him enough to pay up haha

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about your irresponsible flatmate. I sympathise - God do I sympathise - it reminds me of some of my own horrible experiences with sharing. As infuriated as you probably are with them, I agree with the posters who say it's best to let it go and get on on with life. Don't waste any more time dwelling on someone who obviously isn't thinking about you.

Think of it this way, for a coupla hundred $ you have found out your friend
is not worthy of being your friend. Money well spent.

so is there any way im going to be able to recover the money she owes me?
or am I just going to suck it up and pay for it?

any advice is appreciated.

Hey Ravan.

Seriously not cool, Best thing you can do is lodge a case with the small claims court, If she does not show up they could end up ruling in your favor. It's a long process but its how you will be able to get your money back.

Cheers
Luke

And this is the reason why I live by myself .... been ripped off before. I decided that I would rather survive on rice and soya sauce then to share a house with another person again ......... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back