600 snakes found on bus

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GSXR_Boy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
600 snakes, reptiles found on bus in Argentina

Passengers on a bus in Argentina got an unwelcome surprise when police found more than 600 snakes and other reptiles packed in the luggage compartment.
Acting on a tip-off, police intercepted the bus in a northern province bound for Buenos Aires, asked to see passengers' documents, then began poking into their bags.
"A passenger came onboard with 40 snakes, plus what he had in the boxes" in the bus luggage hold, said ranger Daniel Chersich, warden of Santa Fe province.
Police "were terrified of opening the bags," Chersich, who was investigating a wildlife trafficking network and joined in the operation, told the daily Clarin.
With good reason.
The trafficker had loaded them with 444 boas, vipers and other snakes; 186 endangered tortoises; 40 lizards, and an armadillo.
The smuggler, who was arrested, boarded the bus in Santiago del Estero, where he had spent three months trapping various species in the bush with the intent of selling them, Chersich said.

Agreed poachers are sick people if they keep poaching and think they can get away from this, well think again poachers because once all the animals are gone you will be gone tooo.

How could you acquire over 600 reptiles but only one armadillo? Sounds pretty slack to me.....

Because armadillos have virtually become extinct in most provinces of argentina
Plua the fact that reptiles are easy to transport compared to a fairly active animal

I actually watched that Snakes on a plane movie .. so many errors in it... like the main guy 'get me our top poisons expert' yadayada... then everyones trying to suck poison out instead of bandage.. but yeh the thing that i noticed was funny was at 44:08 in the movie, when he chucks a snake in the microwave the microwave had an option 'snake'... (yes i know its not funny should never kill snakes etc but i thought it was quite humorous :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back