Scared Snake Owner :) help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am glad to hear that! i just told my friend that id buy his 2 jungles off him. they are 3 yrs old and have been handled in the past but not "in a while" (i dont know how long that is! i can honestly say that i am a bit terrified as these guys will be my first snakes.

I was terrified once I got my Jungle python home, especially when she got out of the click-clack in my bedroom. It was a mission trying to get her back into it when she was so snappy.

Lucky I thought I'd persevere for a month or so before deciding to keep/sell her, otherwise I definitely would have sold her. My Jungle is only my second snake (after an extremely placid Stimson python), but that's my advice. Persevere for a little while and build up the confidence to handle.

I certainly wouldn't let my hypothetical two year old daughter do that.
However, I'm comfortable enough to let my jungle 'kiss' me.. So long as she doesn't coil up
in an S position and take aim.

i totally get what your saying my first jungle was an atherton male 2yrs and he was seven foot, also my first snake lol which i was told would make a great first snake lol. He was not a great handler but was placid enough till i got him home, he hissed and coiled and put on a big show which intimmedated me straight up! I left him for nearly a week and gave it another go, once i got over the fear of getting bitten we both relaxed ha ha. The only time mine hisses now is when he is in shed, he is not a fan of people getting too close to me he does not like an audience, i have been told that touching the snakes tail makes them think something is attacking them, i have learnt with mine they dont like it at all, i always hook mine to let them know its me. But thats just what i have found with mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back