Herping In Thailand

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jannico do you have any other pics?

Hey Scott

I do, but they are in Sydney. I'll should get them sooner or later.
I found some really interesting frogs that you would be interested in and heaps of agamids. As well as a few grass/whip snakes. Amazing amount of geckos and inverts as well.

No vipers though.

Jannico

Thats all well and good I would like seeing more pics of the other herps and a front on one of the snake on the sand would be good

Cheers

Without being able to see the head I would hazard a guess at a boiga dendrophilla but they normally are very nocturnal and deep forrest dwellers
venomous but wont kill you

I thought it was a Homalopsis buccata.
Pretty sure it's not a type of Boiga, the scales are too different and those signature eyes aren't there.

This silly little one is some type of elaphi that was hanging around our rats this morningP1070390.jpg

I thought it was a Homalopsis buccata.
Pretty sure it's not a type of Boiga, the scales are too different and those signature eyes aren't there.

You could be totally correct because of the heavier build/body type but we seldom spot them out of water

Last edited:
I love thailands Dendrelaphis and Boiga makes most of ours look like dirt, which is hard to say seeing as Aussie Colubrids are my favorite snakes.

This had me thinking it was a boiga but its a harmless ptyas koros.. similar in temperament to a slatey grey and with the same musk
P1070356.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back