Reptiles Australia magazine - no more

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was contacted the other day by Vic consumer affairs. they are looking into the matter. I told them I wasn't the only one. More info from others would be greatly appreciated so please if you have been ripped off contact Vic Consumer affairs with your case. They will send you forms and look into this matter for us

What do you mean by that? If you make a purchase through your credit card, it's your decision and if it's a wrong one, the bank has no obligation. If you don't receive the goods you paid for, it's a dispute between you and the seller, nothing to do with the bank unless you stop the payment. 10 months is a bit too late to stop the payment.

I come from a banking background you can put a dispute in with your bank but there may not be a guarantee of getting the money back but there would be odds in your favour if goods not recieved.
N.B please be aware that Visa and Mastercard have a statuate of limitations of up to 90 days for a dispute to be placed anything further will not be covered.

trading while insolvency is an illegal practice and punishable by massive fines and jail time

funny that LOL
would that be a breach of the trade practices act? e.g. taking money full knowing that a business is unoffically insolvent?

Last edited by a moderator:
I come from a banking background you can put a dispute in with your bank but there may not be a guarantee of getting the money back but there would be odds in your favour if goods not recieved.
N.B please be aware that Visa and Mastercard have a statuate of limitations of up to 90 days for a dispute to be placed anything further will not be covered.

would that be a breach of the trade practices act? e.g. taking money full knowing that a business is unoffically insolvent?

that depends on your bank, mine is 30 days. That and by the time I started asking questions it was over 2 months. Remember the mag was bi monthly and i resubscribed just after the last magazine in August.
Please, EVERYONE. contact Vic Consumer affairs. What was done is WRONG

My daughter paid for a subscription last December via Pay Pal. I told her what had happened with the Mag and she lodged a dispute with pay pal and got her money back within a month or so.....
At least one happy ending - sort of..... she then had to find another christmas present for her father.....

Bummer.im new to reptiles and already receive my bible (s&t) every month ans thought that there must be another mag.it's gone before i even knew.how sad.i myself an currently dissolving my own business and it is a painful and emotionally wearing,so cut people some slack.but bad manners cannot be forgiven.

Hmmm, looks like I'm a little slow on the uptake here. After not seeing it for so many months in the newsagent I thought I'd run a quick internet search to see where it went. Having been a subscriber for a number years it finally lapsed (luckily before the recent unpleasantness). Oddly enough my S&T subscription lapsed at the same time but they understood the concept of customer retention.

I subscribed to Reptiles Australia through 3 distinct periods, the first was when Alex was running it with Simon having a close involvement in the content, the second when Simon was running the show, and the third after Simon had left. My observations over that time is that it was only even remotely run well when Simon was running the show and the criticism I read from certain people on his departure was unwarranted. In hindsight now, his departure marked the end for the magazine, a concern I felt at the time (hence, no re-subscription).

Scales and Tails deserve your support, not because they are the last commercially available Aussie Herp mag, but because it is a well run business with an excellent approach to customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back