Upcoming Vents - How much?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much is your limit for a vent (sold as a pair)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Virides

The other factor that defines what can be done is the price. Since I cannot add a poll to the previous Post "Upcoming Vents" where you can tell us about what you want in a vent - http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-reptile-discussion-42/upcoming-vents-159002/, we would like for you to choose what is the highest you would pay for a pair of vents?

Please consider that these vents will be more aesthetically pleasing and be as functional as can be considering the restrictions we are under manufacturing wise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please bear in mind people, to purchase a pair of plain white plastic vents, you are looking at around $12 - $13. Do not expect something with a much higher aesthetic value to be "cheap"! Going on average prices of other, nicer looking vents (some up to $30ea!), I'd say $25 to $30 a pair is more than reasonable!

Please bear in mind people, to purchase a pair of plain white plastic vents, you are looking at around $12 - $13. Do not expect something with a much higher aesthetic value to be "cheap"! Going on average prices of other, nicer looking vents (some up to $30ea!), I'd say $25 to $30 a pair is more than reasonable!

^^^^This.

Esp. if they have an improved functionality to go along with the improved aesthetics.

Oops, didn't notice the pair bit, I voted $15 but that was for one.

I think $30 for a non standard/unique pair of vents is quite reasonable,I know the quality of the handles is superb so i cant see that these will be second rate.

Product Concept Preview :)

After alot of work we have a preview of what we are hoping to be the final product concept for the vents.

The one shown below will fit the 245 x 140mm Bunnings White Standard Vent. Our new series of vents will include motifs of a selection of the more commonly owned species of snakes and lizards.

GTP_SnakeVent_245x140mm_Ver2.jpg
Copyright Virides 11/04/2011

This is made from Stainless Steel plate and mesh with an etched design (GTP Shown).

Like to thank Natorey for suggesting the Etching :)

I would imagine the local sex shop sells plastic vents a a competitive price maybe call them?

I would imagine the local sex shop sells plastic vents a a competitive price maybe call them?

Umm? I don't even know how this applies lol...

--------------------------------

The Snake's head can be reduced to make for a larger vent area, but please keep in mind that high flow venting is only required if there is a large volume of air being pushed. Most of the time, the only air displacement made is from the animal breathing. Rising heat only produces a small vacuum for air displacement aswell. The idea that your reptile requires a wind tunnel with minimal air resistance is trivial.

We can get meshes that are upwards of 70-80% open area, however these will have substantially large holes where your animal can potentially escape from, so we are restricted to the smaller open areas of 30-40%. This means, that given the total volume of free flowing air to pass over a given surface, only 30-40% can be allowed through. This is actually more than enough required for the application.

Another consideration is, think about being in a new car with excellent door seals. Imagine you have the A/C off and but the vents are closed and the system is set to recirculate (this is so no outside air comes in). You may start to get hot but you will survive because even though you have restricted the air coming in, it is not a perfect seal. There is enough air displacement to allow survivability.

My point is, vents are required to help with humidity and the heat gradient however having hi-flow is not a requirement unless you have a fan moving the air.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back