Getting over GF's/Partners

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a girl that dumped me for stupid reasons and I was much the same until I decided to see it for what it was "a stupid reason" and made myself hate her. For me, it was alot easier to think of her under a bad light than it was to think how "great" she was.

At the time this worked and now later on, I still respect her and understand that what we had was good for what it was, but the pain of the breakup doesnt hurt because I removed all the "miss" factor.

I haven't seen her for 4yrs now, and don't intend on catching up at all.

This basically sums up how I've dealt with it in the past, focus on the things you didn't like about them, and before you know it you may be wondering why you were with them at all in the first place!

Remember that its never as bad as it seems in the beginning of the break up, the age old saying "time heals all wounds" is true.

act like you dont care. a friend once told me, gotta be mean to keep them keen. that's obviously not a good way to get a girl but it's a good way for revenge!

This happened to me once but then I just went out to my herp shed and looked at my herps and thought, look at what I got.

Hope this helps..

Dan

Thanks for the replies guys might take some of you up on the offer to chat, just havn't really felt like talking about it. Its much more complicated than you all think though its not shes just some chick ive been dating for a few years. I've known her since primary school so since i was around 11 and she was 10 we were friends then best mates from like 13 then we got together when i was 18. She ended up moving to Perth at the start of the year to go to uni then she told me 10 days ago she met some guy and its to hard to do long distance and she lieks him blabla then like 5 days later she calls me up saying how she cant beleive she just said that and shes sorry and he means nothing to her etc etc then were awseome again for 2-3 days then she stops replying to my texts/calls and called me up tonight to say were over and shes with him.... So i've lost my bestfriend as well as my girlfriend basically

Its just sapped all the life out of me :( i would prefer to be dead than have this pain its that bad :(

On top of that even if i wanted to stay friends with her which i dont think i do this new guy told her she cant text/call/see me and she told me to lose her number..

Last edited:
Don't do anything stupid. It will fell bad for a long time but it will get better even when it doesn't look like it at the moment.

Wow sorry to hear that dude. If she can move on that easy she's a b**** and doesn't deserve your respect anyway. Keep your chin up man and follow some of the advice people have put on here. It'll get better

Don't do anything stupid. It will fell bad for a long time but it will get better even when it doesn't look like it at the moment.

When i said i'd prefer to be dead i didn't mean i was going to do anything stupid just to clarify before someone calls the cops!
she just took me off on her facebook from in a relationship to me and put him up then she swiftly blocked me.

Wow sorry to hear that dude. If she can move on that easy she's a b**** and doesn't deserve your respect anyway. Keep your chin up man and follow some of the advice people have put on here. It'll get better

Saximus has it in 1 hun. what a cold hearted so and so...

Do her sister, best friend and if her mum is a MILF throw her in for good measure too.
She's disrespected you and what you stood for, she's not worth it in the long run.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and its better to find out now, grow and be stronger for the experience.

it kind of sounds similar to my story......

okay i liked this girls for like 2 years and she liked me, so we had a thing.

an then i recently went camping with her and decided to bring my best mate. anyway me and her were going really well and then, my now OLD best mate stole her and ran off with her and i was all by myself.

After all that we sorted it out and me and my friend became friends again, and the girl said she was so sorry and she should have not done that and she said it wouldnt happen again.

And then they meet up on new years and then he messages me and says that he had a thing for her again!

so yeah i know how you feel.
listen to angus n julia stone, that usllay calms me.

Exactly. Even if it doesn't seem like it now, you'll end up finding a girl who actually deserves you, so dont let this one get you down too much. Obviously shes not as great as she seemed, so dont waste any more time wanting her back. Move forward :)

So not only were you two partners but had been friends for a super long time?

Even if she didn't want to be in a relationship with you, she should still love you for the history the two of you have, and for her to be able to break up with you and start seeing someone else in the space of a couple of wks, well i'm speechless. I can't even fathom how she managed to do that, not only to her partner but long time best friend.

No offence but she seems like a heartless bitch and you obviously deserve better, try not to get hung up on her she's not worth it . . perhaps think, somehow, to be thankful that someone so heartless is no longer in you life . . Although it's obviously going to be hard and i'm sorry you had to be put through this

When i said i'd prefer to be dead i didn't mean i was going to do anything stupid just to clarify before someone calls the cops!
she just took me off on her facebook from in a relationship to me and put him up then she swiftly blocked me.

She sounds like a tip-rat ! and a gutless one at that :)

Sorry

I'm not gonna go through 6 pages of posts on this topic so I dunno if this has already been mentioned.
It probably has but if it hasn't:

The best way to get over an old lover, is to get under a new one!

Works like a charm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back