leaving snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tyson001

Reaction score
if were to have a python or other snake would it be possible to leave it at home for a week or two by its self. because one of the main problems of me getting a reptile is that we would be traveling back home a few times a year and we dont know any one here who would look after it.

If you give em a good feed, make sure they have water, and the heating set-up is reliable... A coupla weeks is no problem.

Also, leave a radio on for them to listen to :)

i get the first part but the seaconds got me stumped

At the moment I leave the snakes during the working-week and only see them on the weekends. I have had no problems with them. The rat cave, however, is a different kettle of fish and cause me to fret more. I double check the watering system, cull any "overcrowders" and give em a big feed just before I leave and as soon as I return.

Snakes can if they have to go for Months without a feed before they start to lose Body condition so yeah man if you make sure their health is good before you go all will be ok

ok cool thanks for the replies is it the same for younger snakes like 2-3months.

They Usually need more attention because they Havent the Strength and Body Condition of Adult Snakes.

I have a spotted that hasnet eaten ever as far as I know and despite being small he seems okay.

If im going away for a week i stop feeding 2 or so weeks before to make sure there guts are clear.
Fill up the waters and set the timers on the lights etc.
simple and never had a problem my herp room basically runs on auto pilot lol.

no problems with a snake just leave water and clean cage dont feed for a week or so before hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back