Canberra vs Mogo or both?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

garthy

Reaction score
I have just completed a disappointing camping trip to Dubbo. The zoo was great for the kids but the caravan park was lousy, the staff there were crap, the weather was crap...should I go on?
Anyway, I told my wife that the next zoo I want to visit is Canberra! Mainly due to the reputation of the large Olive there, I have just heard about Mogo zoo. Should I do both while I'm down? What's your oinions on each?

We recently went to Mogo. Its ok but not very big. If you are a keen fisherman its worth it as a side trip to fishing at Batemans Bay and exploring the coast down to Moruya etc. However I have heard Canberra Zoo is very impressive.

Few pics from Mogo attached.

Attachments

• DSC_0034.JPG
    DSC_0034.JPG
    187.8 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC_0078.JPG
    DSC_0078.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC_0019.JPG
    DSC_0019.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC_0004b.JPG
    DSC_0004b.JPG
    328.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I haven't been to either, but I imagine the other attractions near Mogo (eg. beautiful coast line) would be far more interesting than the rest of canberra . .

Canberra Zoo has some amazing stuff. I loved the cougar and white lions. Then there was a nice fish/reptile display with Magnificent Tree Frogs , Pig nosed turtles, Reticulated pythons and so much more. Then there was the snow leopard. It is a pretty cool zoo. I have no idea if it is still an option but they did have a photoshoot with the white lions for $15 while I was there. Definitely won't disappoint you. Dubbo is a pretty impressive zoo but well as far as zoos go Monarto and Adelaide are so far my favourites. I still have to see toronga, australia and perth but I will.

Canberra zoo is great, if you have the $ the behind the scenes tour is incredible, pricey but I will remember it for ever

The National Zoo in Canberra is the way to go. They have spent millions on the displays to ensure the animals have the best possible lives.
I agree with bluewater, if you do have the funds to go behind the scenes you'll have a ball

yea Canberra zoo all the way, it has animal feeds at heaps cheap prices, got a amazing marine and reptile set-up and if you want to go the extra foot you can pay i think $100 and you get to pat and play with a leopard + they can take top notch photos of u holding or feeding the animals
:)
cheers dylan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back