avoiding infighting and trolls

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FusionMorelia

Reaction score
is it just me or does anyone else think this site needs a no politics, and no religion rule over the whole forum to avoid fight threads/trolling and general disarray i think it will cut out 80% of insult packed threads and alot of the bs and help maintain friendships and a friendlier forum over all.

just an idea
NatoRey

Not really mate, there's nothing wrong with a good debate IMO.

If you had such rules on this or any other forum, there would pretty much be no users...

i like a debate too but not being abused and insulted read some of the old chit chats that get locked because of excessive abuse and slander,
these threads lead absolutely nowhere except in flames...pardon the pun

How about no one is allowed to use their keyboard either, there would be no fighting then.

is it just me or does anyone else think this site needs a no politics, and no religion rule over the whole forum to avoid fight threads/trolling and general disarray i think it will cut out 80% of insult packed threads and alot of the bs and help maintain friendships and a friendlier forum over all.

just an idea
NatoRey

+1 and lots more subjects should be added lol

I think somepeople put up threads hoping to start arguements.You want to kill a party,ask who voted for who,or bring up God.and good friends will end up fighting about things that are a million miles from where they started.and it gets personal.you should try getting onto xbox 360.wow those boys n girls are full on verbally abusing each other.

No matter what you do on the internet, there's always going to be flaming/abuse/arguments especially on forum-type websites that are full of opinions. There are alot of people out there who'd have a go at you just over a difference of opinion ESPECIALLY when it comes to topics like religion. As said above, debates are all well and good, but 90% of the time it descends into a massive flamewar and every third word is an insult to someone... Easiest way is to just stay clear of topics like that.

Yeah I personally love reading the arguments that end up this way. All you can do is try to keep your dignity and not get emotional when these things start. Plus blanket rulings on things like politics and religion are too subjective. What one person considers a political debate may not be seen that way by someone else

NatoRey I don't think any one has any reason to get insulted or upset over what gets said on forums and if they do then they really shouldn't be on a public forum. Who are the people on the other side of the screen to you for them to affect you in any way?

Most if not all debates/discussions that go in-depth are going to end up in a great argument which will include profanity and slander etc. and the users should be aware of this already (especially since you say you've read through old threads). If they don't think they can handle/tolerate what is going to be said then they should simply not join the discussion.

**Especially if the user does not have any experience in what is being discussed as this just causes more havoc.

C'mon.....burning some yank for telling us how to run our import/export laws while telling us he is free to keep tigers in his backyard.........Thats just plain fun.

C'mon.....burning some yank for telling us how to run our import/export laws while telling us he is free to keep tigers in his backyard.........Thats just plain fun.

LMFAO Love it!! Dont' forgot he thinks exporting a few reptiles will solve our current financial cristis (didn't know we were in one). Oh maybe it might fix NAB

I enjoy some of the more " intense " threads, I have personally learnt a lot on a range of different subjects and questioned some of my own ideals which has been a big learning curve.
If you can't handle it don't read it.

Already your not allowed to start threads on religion in chit-chat.
.. So i just joined a christian forum haha.

I think if you read the site rules you will find that religion and politics are taboo subjects.

yeah that was Funny !

but i feel some people on here are just take the #### out of people !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back