Old bottles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shell477

Reaction score
With over 20,000 members on this forum, does anybody have a special interest in old bottles?

I have a rare bottle and would like a second opinion on what its worth to make sure im not getting ripped off.

If its empty i reckon cut it in half and make a water dish, if its full drink it first.

Well Banjo, these days if you have the means, you can BUY drinking glasses :)

10 cents when sold in collection deposits in South Australia..... No idea if that would be much worth it though

In my day they think people who buy crap they dont need are those responsible for trashing the planet. That said if its some sort of collectable thing you could sell it and buy a cool reptile. Maybe get a mate to call the buyer and ask how much they would have to pay to get it? People arnt usually as smart or stupid as they look.

That was longer than I care to remember, the grandparents use to do some differant things back then, from what I remember it was a bit of a hobby for some folk, some of them even painted pictures on them.
Each to thier own.

I would love to learn glass etching,but i shake too much,it's my damn medication.Is it just a plain bottle or coloured?any etchings,markings or branding on the bottle,is it a shape unseen nowadays,is it carnivale glass,a lid or cork or stopper still intact,is it ozzie or foreign,if so where from?Do you know what was kept in it?Whatever was in it is it still available today (the produce inside)?
I don't collect bottles or anything like that i just live around 4 antique stores.

Hate to dissapoint you Lambert but I actually seen a heap of comics in an antique book shop today, some were quite old (1960's)& they ranged from $4-$12 each

i won a copy of number 1 spiderman at supernova a few years back. was worth 220 back then so some comics do have value

My Grandfather use to cut old bottles in half and make drinking glasses out of them.

Some people used to melt down stubbies and make ashtrays aswell.

Can't help you with an estimate on price Shell but there will be markings or
significant shapes that will mean something that should help you identify it
thus finding an approximate worth. Google is your friend.
Good Luck!

i won a copy of number 1 spiderman at supernova a few years back. was worth 220 back then so some comics do have value

Good score hang on to it. It would be awesome to win an issue 1 of Superman, worth around the million dollar mark I believe!!!

Last edited:
yeah, theyre hard to come by but if i found a TMNT fan like myself and they wanted it bad enough i guess they would pay, theres only about 3 of these books available in SA so...

Good score hang on to it. It would be awesome to win an issue 1 of Superman, worth around the million dollar mark I believe!!!
yer i got it framed (still in mint condition) and hangs on my wall

i have a real 1 dollar us bill with optimus prime on it... my father in law had heaps but only has bout 10 old bottles now which are probably worth bout 1k his mate in sydney has a bottle that bout 500bucks, most are worthless but its year they were made alot like coins that can make them worth alot

Post up a pic of the bottle, I may be able to help you.
I used to be right into antique bottles, won first prize in a section of the NZ Anitique bottle Association show in 1978,
then I was burgled and lost a lot of them.

I dont have it, my dad has it at his house :(

Its an old bottle, still with marble intact
Its logo says

TB Cruickshanks
Hamilton

and it has a rooster emblem above it.

I cannot find any info on it on the web

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back