Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You all should hear of Rob McClouds run in with Steve Irwin when Steve turned up at Aussie world and had a go and Rob who was running the reptile business on behalf of John Keaty at the time. Rob refused to be held up but said Steve could come in if he paid the entry fee. Apparantey smoke was nearly coming out of poor Steves ears. Hopefully Rob will post, it was really quite funny at the time.
And Rob is such a quiet and shy individual as well:rolleyes:;)

Last edited:
How can you be an advocate for killing something just because someone has bred it for a specific trait that you don't like?
its not the fact that the jags are not the colour or pattern the breeder wanted, to me its the fact that they are jags!!, i hate the americans for giving us their rejects i bet they are sitting back and laughing at us right now??.

to explain it better if you had a dog that had great colours but had epileptic fits every time you called its name, would you breed and sell its off spring nowing this would be handed down to all the pups ???

This thread has degenerated into useless spam. If you want to moan, bitch and cry about Jag's and Whaling make a specific thread to do so. Or just hug it out.

Australia Zoo is not worth it's entry fee. And hasn't been for a long time.

anyone have a link to where it says he was against reptile keeper yet?
and waterrat your posts about your dislike for him doesnt have anything to do with Bob Buckley does it?

Last edited:
This thread has degenerated into useless spam. If you want to moan, bitch and cry about Jag's and Whaling make a specific thread to do so. Or just hug it out.

Australia Zoo is not worth it's entry fee. And hasn't been for a long time.
but i love whales!!!

Haven't they been in the news just recently with the birth of a baby Rhino at the zoo..or was that another place?

anyone have a link to where it says he was against reptile keeper yet?
and waterrat your posts about your dislike for him doesnt have anything to do with Bob Buckley does it?

No, not at all. I met SI long before he got rich and famous and I disliked him then. Sorry if it's not to your liking.
Even if it did have something to do with Bob Buckley, I would feel my dislike very justified.
You wouldn't by any chance dislike Bob? Eh?

never met bob.... lol no clue who he is.... just happened to stumble upon a thread i believe you created on another forum, whilst searching for the mythical proof of SI disliking keepers.

edit it just seemed in the thread i read assuming it is you, you were just badmouthing him as a person

Last edited:
since there are are few that have the misguided belief that the Steve Irwin was pro private reptile keeping, can you produce proof to that effect... sorry that I have told you the truth and your late hero

since there are are few that have the misguided belief that the Steve Irwin was pro private reptile keeping, can you produce proof to that effect... sorry that I have told you the truth and your late hero
no one is saying he was pro,im asking where the proof is he was against it. if there is no documented evidence of him being for or against, one could assume he was on the fence. im sure he kept snakes and lizards as a child (referring to them as MY SNAKE)

no one is saying he was pro,im asking where the proof is he was against it. if there is no documented evidence of him being for or against, one could assume he was on the fence. im sure he kept snakes and lizards as a child (referring to them as MY SNAKE)

Why does it matter so much whether he liked private keeping or not?

because that seems to be one of the reasons people disliked him

From what I've heard he had one of the finest collection of jungles around kept under lock and key away from public viewing

edit it just seemed in the thread i read assuming it is you, you were just badmouthing him as a person

If I badmouthed anyone, I had a reason. I met him in person and I am entitled to my opinion about him. The sad story about Bob and SI just supported my opinion. If you don't (didn't) know either of them, why are you bringing it up?

Telling the truth is NOT bad mouthing..it is a shame there's a few childhood dreams shattered by the truth. (Santa ain't real neither is the E.Bunny)

When you reach maturity truthfullness is preferred anyway

bredlislave you have just recked my childhood
i loved santa and the easter bunny!
WHY!!!

bredlislave you have just recked my childhood
i loved santa and the easter bunny!
WHY!!!

Gotta lovya Specks :) You can still keep lovin' Santa & E.Bunny, in fact love is good....LOL

haha
i joke i joke
but to be honest i dont "love" santa, he is a big, fat, hairy, old guy in a red suit, pretty disgusting if you think about it.
but you cant really love a 6ft tall bunny that gives candy to little children LOL

Hmmmm

It is so easy to critique people/places, yet difficult to put opinions accross without seeming to. I have not been to Australia Zoo, but have wanted to. I was very interested
in the opinions put forward here. It would seem most do not think it is value for money to
go for a look. Mind you, I like a lot of things most do not ;) so curiousity will get the better of me sooner or later. I choose not to comment on Terry and family as the only information I have had has been media generated. I will say I am glad Australia Zoo has NOT been sold off to any international companies at least :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back