DECCW Animal Keeper Licence Fauna Record Keeping

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just contacted by DECCW and walked through the process. and this is how it went.

log on and choose the my species and records
select the add new species tab
select type group and species then add (it will then be added to your species list)
select the operations icon
add new record
for animals bought forward from last year change the date to 01/04/2010
select puchase in the next pull down menu add number of males females and unknown and add the sellers details and licence number if you have them or where you breed them just add your details and licence number.
and save.
Hope that helps.

Cheers Dusty

And well done to DECCW for contacting me within 30 mins of emailing them and person to person too - Great job.

Thankyou for this advice, the description above said things are done differently for brought forward. I contacted asked them what to do aswell but they asked for screen shots of what i was seeing and i didnt have time to put it all together.

After my initial enthusiam I've become a little cynical about this.

With the hard copy books DECCW/EOH out sourced the data entry to a company who earned $$.

Seeing as those doing the on line books will providing this service for free why is it that there is no financial benefit being offered -say reduced licence fee?

B

I think this service would have cost them more to design and implement than the monkeys that got paid to do the data entry.

Last edited:
Well, to the point - I just returned my FRB on Wednesday, just after I saw Ex-HMAS Adelaide make it's final journey to the seabed. Couldn't be fecked trying to use the system because at this point the damn thing doesn't work for last year's transactions. When I went to lodge I previewed it to make sure everything was right, and LOL it more or less said on the record that I hadn't acquired, bred or exchanged ANY fauna in the past year. Uhm, yeah right. 2 womas in...2 womas out...and it shows zero zip zilch nada.

Sure I'll use it to do the returns next year, but for the 2010-2011 returns, nah, I won't even bother.

I think its a little buggy in the way existing animals need to be brought forward (ie, listing them as a new purchase 1/4/11), but once you have all your current species and numbers in there it will be easy enough to log on and make changes as they occur. I also get the impression if you make changes as reptiles are bought/sold/bred then come end of year its all up to date and pretty much nothing needs to be done.

If that's the case why waste tax payers money?

Why not...? Bob the whole system has been abit of a joke, we all know this. There is nothing that can be said to really justify any of it.

I think its a little buggy in the way existing animals need to be brought forward (ie, listing them as a new purchase 1/4/11), but once you have all your current species and numbers in there it will be easy enough to log on and make changes as they occur. I also get the impression if you make changes as reptiles are bought/sold/bred then come end of year its all up to date and pretty much nothing needs to be done.

Thats it falconboy,its getting your existing collection on the system,one they are entered as purchases 1/4/11 they are on system and you just write on the comments "as per 2010 FRB return" if bred say in comments 'breeding event" etc so they know whats going on.
I am very critical of DECC but they are making an effort to get things happening ....they obviously have other things they are planning on being implemented in the near future so it my be an interesting period.

What do you do if you mess it up and lodge it before you have added all your reptiles? I did tyhis and emailed them anythign else I can do? Because you can't add anything to previous lodgements
Other than that issue I think its pretty good.

Will

if you mess it up email them to reverse the lodgement or ask for advice. te turn around time is quick.

I was just contacted by DECCW and walked through the process. and this is how it went.

log on and choose the my species and records
select the add new species tab
select type group and species then add (it will then be added to your species list)
select the operations icon
add new record
for animals bought forward from last year change the date to 01/04/2010
select puchase in the next pull down menu add number of males females and unknown and add the sellers details and licence number if you have them or where you breed them just add your details and licence number.
and save.
Hope that helps.

Cheers Dusty

And well done to DECCW for contacting me within 30 mins of emailing them and person to person too - Great job.

How do you put in records from about 10 years ago to get your carried forward figure???
I refuse to go through pages and pages of records, names and licence numbers. Plus someone 10 years ago probably have no licence now.

If your book was sent in this month...shouldn't the figure appear in there automatically?????

Reptile licence

Im getting a reptile licence but already have a python but unsure of details of person it came from, do i need this persons details once have licence and fill out the reptile keeper book?

Deccw

How do you put in records from about 10 years ago to get your carried forward figure???
I refuse to go through pages and pages of records, names and licence numbers. Plus someone 10 years ago probably have no licence now.

If your book was sent in this month...shouldn't the figure appear in there automatically?????

You just want to get into the system what was on your last FRB return fay.To get things onto the system put the date down as 1/4/11 as purchase,put the number of what you have etc,where they have some of the red asterisks write "as previous". Ine the comments down the botom write "as previous FRB return 2010.if there was a breeding event or more note that also.
Thats how you get the numbers up from the book to computer.

While fees remain the same i'll keep to the book......why make their job easier while they slug us for pathetic service?

Thank you so much Mr Zuluman!!

You are a legend....

Hi fay,i had trouble with it and they took the time to ring me up and go through things.
I like having things online,the book system is antiquated and you have to post the dam thing back and that costs you. Writing transactions down on bits of paper and stuff while the record book is away at DECC is ridiculous.
Having records and permits online is the way to go,took them a long time but they are getting modernised.

Im getting a reptile licence but already have a python but unsure of details of person it came from, do i need this persons details once have licence and fill out the reptile keeper book?

You shouldn't have a python before getting a licence.
Chances are the person you bought the python from didn't have a licence either as you have to give them your licence details and they have to give you theirs.

I just renewed my licence online.. Why the hell do Jungle Carpet Pythons show as being under 'Companion' class when you add them to your species list?

Or a better question yet, what is a Companion class?.. Going from the name, I would have thought Jungle Pythons would be the last animal appropriate.

I just renewed my licence online.. Why the hell do Jungle Carpet Pythons show as being under 'Companion' class when you add them to your species list?

Or a better question yet, what is a Companion class?.. Going from the name, I would have thought Jungle Pythons would be the last animal appropriate.

yeh they dont really know what they are doing,but either them running things or the free enterprise.
First time i saw the companion thing at DECCW i thought they were blow up dolls :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back