Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Telling the truth is NOT bad mouthing..it is a shame there's a few childhood dreams shattered by the truth. (Santa ain't real neither is the E.Bunny)

When you reach maturity truthfullness is preferred anyway
next you will tell us god is not real also ??

no, now that the argument is going to start between religious people and non religious. i have door knockers to tell me whats right and wrong every Sunday and Wednesday :S

One thing is for sure, no god or his troops will safe Australia Zoo if they don't get their act together. Slightly related to the original topic?

Now it beggars belief that such a critically endangered species could find their way into hands such as theirs!!
Kinda makes you wonder how much "gifty" was slipped to the right people to make that happen!

I don't think anyone is disputing the technical expertise of the employees, or their ability to do great things with animals in their care. Most critics of the zoo and the Irwins (not Bob) are simply saying there is more to them than meets the eye, and there was more to Steve than met the eye. If you want to be starry eyed and believe the media hype that surrounds the family and the spin surrounding the zoo and its place as a conservation hotspot, you are free to do so.

Like a lot of high-profile animal people, they become very possessive of their place in the system and often become very bullish towards those with less power, namely you and me... There are at least several experienced and well-meaning keepers who've had their fingers burnt in dealings with such individuals.

J

I don't think anyone is disputing the technical expertise of the employees, or their ability to do great things with animals in their care. Most critics of the zoo and the Irwins (not Bob) are simply saying there is more to them than meets the eye, and there was more to Steve than met the eye. If you want to be starry eyed and believe the media hype that surrounds the family and the spin surrounding the zoo and its place as a conservation hotspot, you are free to do so.

Like a lot of high-profile animal people, they become very possessive of their place in the system and often become very bullish towards those with less power, namely you and me... There are at least several experienced and well-meaning keepers who've had their fingers burnt in dealings with such individuals.

J

Fair enough.

Still I watched only one of his mockumtaries and I thought he was the biggest tool since Troy Dan.

Still I watched only one of his mockumtaries and I thought he was the biggest tool since Troy Dan.

Hahaha! I like the turn of phrase!

J

no one is saying he was pro,im asking where the proof is he was against it. if there is no documented evidence of him being for or against, one could assume he was on the fence. im sure he kept snakes and lizards as a child (referring to them as MY SNAKE)

To find this info, you will have to get off the computer and get out and meet some of the old schoolers. I've spoken to quite a few old blokes who all tell the same tale. Not every piece of info you're looking for can be found on the internet mate.

P.S. The problem with assumptions is...

I was right....

Australia Zoo welcomes baby white rhino | Courier Mail

Now it beggars belief that such a critically endangered species could find their way into hands such as theirs!!
Kinda makes you wonder how much "gifty" was slipped to the right people to make that happen!

Just in time given the adult rhino that just recently died while in their care.

J

Quite right Jamie. If this forum is any indication, many, many people consider themselves to be "special" in regards to the fact that they are reptile keepers. Why does it beggar disbelief that SI would not be as susceptible to the same flaw of the ego?

Thank you very much for that link Ozzie Python. By far the most interesting thread I have ever read on this site.

Totally agree,

Read the whole post from start to finish, very interesting.

This thread has degenerated into useless spam. If you want to moan, bitch and cry about Jag's and Whaling make a specific thread to do so. Or just hug it out.

Australia Zoo is not worth it's entry fee. And hasn't been for a long time.

Agree with this too. Get the topic back on track or let it die

Last edited:
As long as we all take patriotic action and at least visit the zoo once, you've done your bit. I wish the Australia Zoo all the best and hope it never closes. The government should be financially supporting the zoos around Australia regularly and stop sending money overseas, the jobs are going overseas...our money shouldn't.
I visited the Melbourne Zoo recently and was really disappointed with it in general.
The animals that were meant to be on display, weren't. The whole zoo needs a facelift, it still had a 1970's look and feel about it.
The food court is a joke, and no where near enough seating.
The reptile area is still the best part of the zoo, but could do with some more interaction. Get a python out so kids can touch one!
The viewing areas in some spots are so small, you will constantly line up to get a spot to have a look at something.
The one good thing I love about the place is the Twilight concerts etc they put on during daylight savings.

If it falls over then so be it, Its private enterprize ****e happens when you dont have the right team at the top!

If it falls over then so be it, Its private enterprize ****e happens when you dont have the right team at the top!

Right! There is also another aspect to it: They used to rake in millions, new they're raking in less millions but still millions ...... they don't like that but they are far from getting broke.

Last edited:
ive actually noticed that there adds are back on tv so they must be doing better, i never realised they stopped until they started up again

Right! There is also another aspect to it: They used to rake in millions, new they're raking in less millions but still millions ...... they don't like that but they are far from getting broke.

Sorry if i offended Michael, But as a business owner for over 25 years i see things like financial management in black and white!
If its paying, well and good but if its not it is bad practice to be propped up!

Sorry if i offended Michael, But as a business owner for over 25 years i see things like financial management in black and white!
If its paying, well and good but if its not it is bad practice to be propped up!

I actually agreed with you. This was just a side comment - you often see business people complaining when things don't go as they used to but it doesn't mean they on the verge of closing down.

I was at a meeting today and heard some very good things about Australia Zoo. Namely the fact that this meeting was about caring for sick and injured wildlife, where a person who was having difficulty with a macropod rang Australia Zoo and was put through to the wild animal hospital, and spoke directly with a vet who gave very detailed instructions on care , meds etc and also offered to call and speak to our local vet so they could fill them in on the details on what was needed etc. Which they did. All advice was given freely and fully with no stone left unturned and real care and interest was displayed.

Before trying Aus Zoo, they had tried Taronga where they got the usual, we'll call you back............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back