HELP!!! just bought some live rats..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

swan91

I just bought some live rats from someone. I intended to take them home and kill them (CD) then freeze them for my snake for when she gets bigger. THey were treated a few days ago with mite spray. Will the rat be poisonous for my snake as they have been treated recently. Will i have to keep them alive for a while first, then kill them? also can i just wash them in warm water to remove the spray or is it in the bloodstream?

so would washing them help at all.. uno to remove any residues?

just wait acouple of weeks to be safe, is waiting that long worth the risk of killing your snake

yea i def dont mind waiting.. but i just dont know how long for!? is 10 days the witholding period? would it be safe after 10 days or a month.. coz if i wait 10 days and think its ok.. and feed my snake.. i wont be able to tell until ive already fed it.. can anyone who breeds their own comment on the amount of days before the rats are killed for feeding, and not killed their snake..

put 'em in a tub, play with them before you play with snakey to improve your reflexes, and soon they will have pinkies or what you need to feed your snake now!

I wouldn't feed them of until at least 10 days, then once you defrost them give them a bit of a scrub as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back