Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well Dave, what can i say,
i hope you charged him for the call out and disposal,
i agree with you making a complaint
every day in my line of business in the building industry i have people say just do it, even when its is against my professional opion, and not what is right for the client at the end of the day.
People Just Do Not Listen

You know, a few months back I had a talk about brown snakes on facebook, asking people what would they do if they found one. The answer was kill it, which I didn't like at all. In some states I guess people would be fined, but the fines wouldn't be any bigger then a couple hundred if that.

I enjoy being able to see a brown snake or some other species of snake, last year I spotted a very slender eastern brown and if it wanted, it could've bitten me on the knee cape.
Every time I see a snake, I believe it's an honor to share the space of such a magnificent but sometimes dangerous animal, depending on the species of it.
I get so angry at times, when I hear of people killing what they think is an animal that comes out of the shadows to attack people. Snakes aren't like that, they think hollywood movies show the true side of snakes or other animals. But in fact, the people who made those movies, probably didn't know much or anything about the animal, they were making a video of.

I got told that some one killed a sand goanna at the local golf course either last year or the year before that, I got so angry that no one in my family could understand why. Some people couldn't care, what they do to animals. It's such a pooring to hear that people would kill snakes out of fear of them.

Mate I would've went completely ape at the guy as well and I'm normally very quiet when it comes to talking to people.
So I can see, why you got angry at the guy.

they think hollywood movies show the true side of snakes or other animals. But in fact, the people who made those movies, probably didn't know much or anything about the animal, they were making a video of.

Maybe we should make a movie where Dogs and Cats are evil and attack innocent people from the shadows and in the end we have a giant Dog with a Cat controlling it while it destroys the humble city of Tokyo.

I don't condone any cruelty but a bloke over here managed to kick a feral cat to death and then threw it to his dog, yesterday he was fined $20'000

i have recently over the last 6 months started handling snakes, i have always thought they were fascinating, but i have to admit up until i started owning them, i did not understand them, i was was brought up to believe snakes were very dangerous and chase you down and attack. I have obviously changed my perspective on this point. I used to think when i heard people say i killed a snake on the weekend, that it was really not that big of an issue. These days it makes me very sad and angry. I honestly dont think i would have changed in this way to the point where i just want to fill my house full of these amazing creatures if i did not know someone who was a breeder and handler. And to her i say thank you!!!! The BAD MOUTHING AND KILLING of snakes is an ignorance,its simply not having being informed correctly, its frustrating yes, and i now put it right up there with abusing cats and dogs etc. I personally think there should be more of an effort to correct peoples way of thinking on this subject, i dont think we will convince everyone, but maybe just a few people who were like myself. uneducated properly!

send him to my place i,ll deal with him the way all people that do things like that should be delt with(chik chik boom)

A couple of years ago there was a story in the local paper in Kellyville about "spot the super dog" that killed a baby Black Snake. In the story the reporter wrote how the heroic dog had killed several vicious, nasty, ( worm sized) Blacks from the vacant land next door. I rang the reporter and told her that Blacks were a native species and protected by law. I mentioned to her that the family could have been fined up to $100k per snake and if the snake had have bitten the dog it would have died. The reporter wanted to come and interview me about this and I told her that there was probably a much larger mother Black around and the council or wires should have been called and the property next door cleared of rubbish and waist deep grass. The next week the reporter wrote a second story saying how spot wasn't quite so super and how snakes are natives and should not be killed and how the area should have been cleared by an expert, not spot. She then wrote a list of experts to ring.

Maybe you could get the local paper to write a story. Elderly people usually read the local paper. He would be ridiculed all over by the local community for unnecessarily killing a small harmless baby python.

well all i can say is i hope karma gets this guy like a fine or something to me this guy in the facility is a little boy who cried wolf episode. When another snake appears no one will come cause of their previous actions

Such a nice little stimmie. How could you possibly be proud of that?

Its a real shame, that was a very nice looking snake.

i hope they throw the book at that idiot

i hope they throw the baook at him, pick it up and throw it at him again.

if he didnt want the oldies to die from heart attack then judt do not let them in its not that hard.

what do you guys think about insted of just a fine for killing a snake you have to go and do a snake handling course, this might help educate some people about snakes?

Dave there are so many idiots like this i had one similar a few months ago, they rang me telling me that they have a RBB in there garage and it was in a shoe on a shoe rack.
I got there 10 min later and they told me they had taken care off it but can i get rid of the snake still. They showed me a yearling RBB half under the car tyre in the garage.
Apparently the snake started to move instead of keeping an eye on it he decided to run over it as it passed the tyre.
There are so many people out there like this but all we can do is educate them so it does not happen again.

Okay, it sounds like we need some compromise here. How about throwing the book (the actual book) at him, picking it up and throwing it again, wrapping a shovel around his head and then cutting him in half with it. That way *everyone's* happy. Except him, but we can just let him know it's for the greater good, so that nobody dies of a stress-related stroke from his being such an ignorant twit. :D

Bugger!
Thats a good looking stimmo aswell.
If only you could get it through the guys head, the Pilbara way Haha.

oh what a moron!!! such a beautiful little snake :(

if only you could get him charged or in trouble with his employer over it :( what a horrible thing to do to a harmless snake, especially when he knew what type it was and that it was indeed harmless!! makes me want to go up there with a frying pad and wack him over the head!!! grrr!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back