Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd keep the thread going by posting pics showing the difference between the vents of male and female gilleni. The pics were taken with my phone so apologies for the poor quality. The pair were around 14 months old at the time of the photos.

Attachments

• Female gillens.jpg
    Female gillens.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 186
  • Female head shot.jpg
    Female head shot.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 191
  • Male gillens.jpg
    Male gillens.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 187
Spongebob - I believe they are clutch mates to your little fella.
I thought they might be. I've already put my order in for one from the next clutch haha
Thought I'd keep the thread going by posting pics showing the difference between the vents of male and female gilleni. The pics were taken with my phone so apologies for the poor quality. The pair were around 14 months old at the time of the photos.
That's really cool Anouc. I was talking to someone the other day who was showing me the hemipenal bulges on his Lacey. Is it only this obvious on some males?

Very nice Matt, one more thing to add to the wish list!

Very nice Matt, one more thing to add to the wish list!

I know right, Robo1?!?

It's so dangerous stepping down into this thread..*sigh*...my wish list hasn't stopped growing since I discovered it.

Haha Spongebob is getting pretty famous thanks to these little guys. Robo and Akwendi you should definitely get some they're awesome ;)

Used to see that size all the time on the Mary. Wildman, Alligators SE&W, Adelaide, Finnis and Daly river floodplains before the toads arrived. I havent seen a big one for years. Guess they dont learn as quickly as the Mertens.

Here's the little guys I've been finding lately in big numbers around southern VRD,

. View attachment 192832

View attachment 192831

V storri storri aparently

Hi mate,

Have you found any primordius in the same habitat as these animals you posted?

Nick

They are stunning Matt! The more I look at monitor threads and pics the more I think of buying some.

Great thread, keep the pics coming

000_0696.jpg

000_0698.jpg

Here is a couple of photos of my boy Samson, who is no longer with me.

R.I.P Samson

Never get sick of seeing that pilbarensis Henry, a stunning shot of a even more stunning monitor!

Latest posts

Back