A Jungle Python for a newie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i recently got a jungle hatchie, two months old, and i also have a two year old jungle, i have enjoyed watching my little fella grow and learning his personality, i love my big fella too but cant help thinking i missed out on watching him grow. hatchies are relatively easy to look after all you have to do is make sure when you buy that they are established eaters and shed well, leave the tricky feeders etc to the experts for now, what you house them in i have found is a big debate, most will tell you a click clack will do and thats what mine is in until tomorrow, others will tell you that as long as your snake keeps feeding that a bigger enclosure is ok as long as there is plenty of hides, i will let you know how this goes as im a newbe to hatchies and im going for the bigger enclosure tomorrow, i have filled all my tanks with fake plants, they are easy to clean and the snakes love to hide in them. There is alot of different advice on here. Remember, dont take everything for gold, but most of the people on here are going to steer you in the right direction.

iv had my fella for 8 months now he has grown quite abit. calmed down alot with more handling, tagged me a couple days ago though. he has never refused a feed. perfect sheds everytime :D

When you got a spare min would love to see pics of enclosure and your baby!!!

Ps what did u name it? Boy or girl?

yea man show us some pics!

im in your same situation, doing all the reading, buying and downloading all the books. talking to everyone and anyone that seems to know something.

just having a hunt around now for hatchlings of decent color. cant wait to get mine into my setup.

jungles are an amazing snake to handle and to just watch.colours so contrasting.i must have gotten lucky with mine,she has shown to aggresion at all towards me.and i would go for a cutie bubs.start right at the beginning.you will be a novice keeper and the snake is a novice snake,growing together is what it is all about.and trust.

i got a good deal on a little jungle aabout a week ago... calmest thing ive seen for its age. eats like a trooper, 2 months old and just chilled out.. im so happy with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back