Corn snake at open house

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol Kyro ;)

And $800 Fugawi! Ouch.

Anyhoo, I think this highlights how risky an open house is. Not that we got illegal stuff lying around, but that you don't realise who is traipsing through your place, and what takes their eye as they do.

Gee the good old corn snake getting another beating,theres NOT a week that goes by without a corn snake thread.They are here in the thousands,the majority of people who have dont realise you need a licence and that there exotics.Who wouldnt go past a small coloured colubrid.lol..Having it on display is another matter..

I can never understand why so many people own corn snakes (legally and illegally).

They have got to be one of the ugliest looking snakes in existence IMO...

its just like walking into an open house and seeing a room full of hydro setups
corn snake is a corn snake to me over here there here in thousands just like pythons73 said and there is only gonna be an increase in numbers

its just like walking into an open house and seeing a room full of hydro setups
corn snake is a corn snake to me over here there here in thousands just like pythons73 said and there is only gonna be an increase in numbers

you know its going to be a good party if you see that

I can never understand why so many people own corn snakes (legally and illegally).

They have got to be one of the ugliest looking snakes in existence IMO...

Come on mate, tell us what you really think!
Corns are spectacular, absolutely so. No contest. My favourite corn morph is the Abbot line okeetee with nice rich orange colour, and well defined crisp black borders around the rich bloodred blotches and dazzling black/tortoiseshell and white checkers on the ventrals.

But Womas are even more spectacular to me than any corns, so that says something.
I'd take a woma over a corn any day of the week. Even an ordinary looking Tanami womas is prettier than any corn I've seen, and a Rockhampton Down's woma blows the ordinary Tanami out of the water, so imagine what a rockhampton down's woma would do to a corn! It would blow a corn into the stratosphere.

Come on mate, tell us what you really think!
Corns are spectacular, absolutely so. No contest. My favourite corn morph is the Abbot line okeetee with nice rich orange colour, and well defined crisp black borders around the rich bloodred blotches and dazzling black/tortoiseshell and white checkers on the ventrals.

But Womas are even more spectacular to me than any corns, so that says something.
I'd take a woma over a corn any day of the week. Even an ordinary looking Tanami womas is prettier than any corn I've seen, and a Rockhampton Down's woma blows the ordinary Tanami out of the water, so imagine what a rockhampton down's woma would do to a corn! It would blow a corn into the stratosphere.

What are you talking about?..

Not at all what I meant but thanks anyway gig ;)

Also any/all corns are ugly, "No contest".

Funny that someone would knock what the vast majority of reptile keepers would consider the best pet snake in existence. Anyway, each their own I guess.

I still think womas are much better than corns, to me anyway.

I've kept corns before and I mus say, the snakes I have now, Morelias and a Woma, are way better!

Also, $800 for a corn is ridiculous! Unless he was asking when the first corn snakes came in lol.

I've kept corns before and I mus say, the snakes I have now, Morelias and a Woma, are way better!

+1000
Especially the Rockhampton Downs Womas. They destroy ANY corn (even if it's the prettiest Abbott Okeetee form) any day of the week.

Also, $800 for a corn is ridiculous!

That too. I can't believe anyone would pay that outrageous price for something they can't even show off to their mates. I guess it's a hot market out there. I wouldn't even pay a quarter of that for a LEGAL Abbott Okeetee corn! ;)

I was saying it's ridiculous, cos I've only ever seen them available for $400 tops lol.

But still, like you said, you couldn't even show it and the thought of getting caught would always be there.

I wonder if exotic owners are also worried about being caught downloading music and movies from the internet?

Not that I want to buy one (I'm having enough trouble with my own) but how much are corn snakes sold for? Also, how would someone selling an exotic snake sell it to a newb? They (the seller) can't really advertise it, it would be a "friend of a friend" thing, so I don't see how these people could acquire it without knowing?
not exactly true as i see lots of adds lately for jags !!!

A mate of mine many years ago thought that getting a snake seemed cool after seeing my collection.
Needless to say after looking around and this comment is linked to the "its all about the colours" thread, he was offered a "spunky" looking corn and he brought it, why BECAUSE it was a nicely coloured animal.
When he showed me, I laughed and he had this thing displayed in his office.... It was the most boring snake I have seen, IMO no personality and a waste of his money.
I have seen many morph corns over the years and the personality NEVER changes....

Ask Torah:lol:

about $150 smart *** ! And yes straight up once and for all I dont own them ! Wouldnt take the risk of losing my pythons if caught, but I do know alot of people that have them , I have held them :p and I do know of people who breed and sell them...But DO NOT OWN THEM !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back