Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But its ok to keep them in a box some ppl on here get me.

Exactly right Craig 2...people have a go at breeding for colours/morphs etc etc as its cruel/disrespectful to the species....yet as you so correctly pointed out Craig, they keep them in a box...LMAO, if you loved and respected them that much, let them out where they should be.... love it..... :)

oh im sorry, i was unaware this was a competition. i was merely agreeing with you, by using a past comment of yours as backup to my final statement in my last post.

kudos for editing your post, to remove the "are you winning"

Last edited:
Exactly right Craig 2...people have a go at breeding for colours/morphs etc etc as its cruel/disrespectful to the species....yet as you so correctly pointed out Craig, they keep them in a box...LMAO, if you loved and respected them that much, let them out where they should be.... love it..... :)

I dont think many people complain about selective breeding for colour within a species
Which really alters no genetic codes as far as I am aware??
But they do complain about mixing species which must alter genetic codes??

How far do we go with mixing species before enough is enough??

Can we take this to the final stage??
I am no rocket scientist but are humans related to the great apes somewhere along the line?
Would those who support mixing animal species also support trying to mix say orangutans with human embryos??

There has to be a point when sanity prevails

Would those who support mixing animal species also support trying to mix say orangutans with human embryos??

I'm somewhat debauched when it comes to humans... I would love to see the result of that experiment.

oh im sorry, i was unaware this was a competition. i was merely agreeing with you, by using a past comment of yours as backup to my final statement in my last post.

kudos for editing your post, to remove the "are you winning"

Mate, you obviously have nothing better to do than picking on others. Why don't you post something of interest for a change?

Last edited:
picking on people, all i was doing was calling you out, your the one that started this thread and a no less than two months ago you said your going to start working on new colour morphs. hence the hypocrite comment.

everyone needs to realise that natural colours are no longer what people are after. soon enough all the fancy colour morphs will take the market by storm, and as mentioned above even you admit to working with these snakes to try to bring out better or different colours.

and i bet 9 times out of 10 excluding GTP as they always get loads of replys, a thread with the title butterscotch python (any morph will do) will get more hits and reply than have a look at my standard looking python isnt it great all splotchy brown

edit; im done with this thread ive made my point.

Last edited:
edit; im done with this thread ive made my point.

That's kind of good to hear, you haven't brought much of substance into this thread. So, it's about hits and replies .... hmmm, I didn't know that.

A lot of the point behind that was the white dorsal stripe no? If you continue reading Waterrat goes on about the white stripe being more common in the wild and even questions whether that is something to do with husbandry. Thus showing that he truly cares for the treatment and wellbeing of them. Yes he is interested in colour but he clearly shows a fair amount of interest in the production of these colours and the behavior of the animals. Yes he also has "Mite Phase" but he keeps classic locality pure animals in an area suited for them in the most natural conditions he can showing he has an interest in them for more than the colour.

Keep up the good work with these animals. I know that if I decide to ever buy any it will be from you.

People keep snakes because they are beautiful amazing animals, examples ever seen a green tree snake climbling throughout a tree with little effort (one of my faves to watch) or a python hitting its prey with so much force. They are many many more amazing things about these animals. Love them for what they are not their colours.

A lot of the point behind that was the white dorsal stripe no? If you continue reading Waterrat goes on about the white stripe being more common in the wild and even questions whether that is something to do with husbandry.

I think the squander was about my exotic mongrels, not the natives ... I hope.
Selective breeding for enhanced white stripe in native GTPs is not morphing. It's putting back what captive breeding took out.

Don't let this thread stop I'll have to stop eating my popcorn :(

being a sheep like a lot on this site afraid to say there views to the more experienced for fear of flaming and rejection.

Its interesting reading all the varying opinions here. We are Aussies and not Yanks and our ideas about our natives and environments are different. The Yank ideal is they are "Free" to do whatever they want, screw the consequences. Where we are here debating ( and arguing) the merits of xing, morphing and hybridisation. As long as we have these varying opinions, we will never go down the American path. At the moment Morphing and line breeding for colours and patterns is the new "In thing" and will never go away, as long as there is a market. It is probably inevitable we will start to cross Aussie natives. I'm not a fan but it will be market driven.

Reptile keeping is slowly changing from a hobby into mainstream pet industry in Australia. The hobbyists want to keep things Natural, whereas the Pet side wants something new, interesting and profitable. They want something "Designer" like a Labradoodle or a hand bag dog. As long as we have the hobbyists I think we will be ok.

Unfortunately, with all things pet industry, breeders will euthanize the unsellable and the unhealthy. A small fact most people don't know is that Rotties have a natural variation which is long haired. It is kept a secret and ALL long haired ones are euthanized at birth...NO EXCEPTIONS. I can see this thing happening in the reptile industry.

I, myself don't like morphs or crosses, just the wild type. I will still research them in the wild and in captivity, learn their histories etc.....I suppose that makes me a Hobbyist.:)

being a sheep like a lot on this site afraid to say there views to the more experienced for fear of flaming and rejection.

Incase that was aimed at me I'll point out that for the most part I agree with you. The hypocrisy in this thread is off the charts. I however realize there is no point in arguing regardless of the side you arguing for as neither are going to change their mind.

Incase that was aimed at me I'll point out that for the most part I agree with you. The hypocrisy in this thread is off the charts. I however realize there is no point in arguing regardless of the side you arguing for as neither are going to change their mind.

no not directed at you

red-wine_0.jpg

???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back