Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please ring DERM just to make sure, Ash.

I'd hate for them to put your **** in a vice for getting it wrong.

Like i said lol, i would make sure before buying one :D i wont be buying one for ages anyway, atleast 6 months. But i cant wait :D

Here is the form that you fill out to amend your license to increase the number of restricted animals allowed to be held....
Recreational wildlife licence (birds, reptiles, amphibians) (Department of Environment and Resource Management)

Here is the fee schedule to amend your license to increase the number of restricted animals allowed to be kept.
http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/register/p01645aa.pdf

What you are looking for here is the fee attached to the covoluted title of....
"To amend an existing recreational wildlife license by adding:
restricted animals to a licence granted for animals other than restricted animals"........$185.80

Hope this helps a little.

Just to expand upon this...

I rang up DERM this morning to enquire about amending my Rec. license and you are required to write or e-mail DERM with the reasons why you you would like to increase the numbers of restricted animals on your license and what species you wish to keep.
Then, apparently, you are then contacted by a DERM who will arrange for a time for your premises to be inspected.
You (hopefully) get the OK and you pay your fee.

What a freaking headache.
I can't say I like the idea of some grubby stranger traipsing through my house.

i wouldnt like someone coming out to chekc premises either.. thats how pythons get stolen..but i spose if you had a huge shed protected and locked they would aprove it :D

Are Olive Pythons restricted here in QLD? i remeber reading that they are somewhere due to the danger of asphyxiation. If so, is it like Womas where you can get a certain amount on a normal licence or is it diffrent because the restriction is in place for the purpose of saftey concern?

Yea later this year i wanna get an olive and a water python so let me know Ash how you go with finding out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back