New Mini Photo Studio

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Elite_Reptiles

Put a new photo studio kit I bought of ebay to the test tonight, and WOW...what a difference it makes with proper lighting, photo tent and a good SLR....

029-1.jpg

022-2.jpg

017.jpg

078.jpg

058.jpg

086.jpg

085.jpg

Lovely photos! Really makes me realise how much I need to take some pics of my babies... Beautiful snakes too !

I have also just bought myself a photo cube (tent) and light set from Ebay - cant wait to use it...
Just have to wait until my new lens gets here that all......

looking good. i suppose the key is to firstly know how to use a camera properly.......

Great pics Jman it does make a heap of difference to the quality of the pics!

Awesome shots and stunning models...well done Bro!!! :)

If I were going to buy my first 'proper' camera what would be the suggestion?i can take okay pics with my phone but would like to get better.which means i need to upgrade my equipment.

Awesome mate, can we have the link for one please?

Just get on to ebay and type in soft box or photo studio....
I got mine - soft box, 2 lights and 2 bulbs and carry bag for $95 - freight free....

Thanks for the comments guys...

This is the guy I got mine from, can't recommend him enough: Photography Photo Studio Light Cube Kit Box Tent Set | eBay The size for the tent is 90cm square, the one I got is 40cm square which is a bit cheaper again. Perfect for hatchies and the equipment is not made out of cheap material either, it's really good quality.

The camera I use is a Canon 500D. Used both a 105mm Macro and your standard 50mm Lens for the shots.

Another good quality camera is the Nikon's, more for basic users (point and shoot), easier to use and take really high quality photos without fiddeling around with settings as much. The Canon's are a bit more fiddely with the settings and are more for medium to advanced users.

What was the setup like for the larger animals? We have been thinking about setting up a permanent photobox.

Do you guys rate these pre made ones over home made? I'd kinda like to have a go at building my own for fun but don't really know how to do it...

What was the setup like for the larger animals? We have been thinking about setting up a permanent photobox.

The Jag I have pictured is around 5ft and easily fitted on a large slate tile between the two light fittings.

Here is a pic of the setup I have on a normal table that is 1200 Long & 600 Wide:

View attachment 195626

The light stand and globes that come with the kit are quite large (dome is around 270mm radius with 5400k fluro's - throws some major light), so even larger snakes would not be a problem. And the light stands themselves lengthen to around 1100mm in height.

Do you guys rate these pre made ones over home made? I'd kinda like to have a go at building my own for fun but don't really know how to do it...

saximus, I personally think for around $130 buck for this setup, you couldn't make one much cheaper. I do intend on making a box or some sought of platform later on with either ground cover, leaves, bark, sand or just plain dirt (depending on the snake being photographed) to give an even more natural look. I suppose once you have something like the kit I have purchased, the possibilites are endless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't resist Wayne.....had to join you guys and start to finally take some pics of my animals, that actually do them justice...lol

I just purchased the 80cm tent same lights,backdrops etc for $99.....cant wait to get it now!!

LOL...you won't regret it Scott. Look forward to seeing the pics :)

very cool pics sigh more costs now lol......... hi ho hi ho its off to ebay i go .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back