Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, it would be fairly lucrative to have a few breeding pairs of these puppies. How many eggs can they lay in a clutch? Amazing animals, too. I adore the colourings of all of them, from their hatchy stage to adult. The hormonal blue females are stunning, too.

Nice snakes Colin.
I can clearly see a new trend developing (and that not only with greens) - people are starting appreciate quality. Of course there will always be those for whom the price is everything but I see more ads in the WANTED sections for unusual, blue, high yellow mite phase or red juvenile greens than ever before. These animals are still relatively rare and the dilemma for breeders is - "to keep or not to keep" because the true colours are unpredictable in neonates. There are interesting time ahead of us.

Nice snakes Colin.
I can clearly see a new trend developing (and that not only with greens) - people are starting appreciate quality. Of course there will always be those for whom the price is everything but I see more ads in the WANTED sections for unusual, blue, high yellow mite phase or red juvenile greens than ever before. These animals are still relatively rare and the dilemma for breeders is - "to keep or not to keep" because the true colours are unpredictable in neonates. There are interesting time ahead of us.

Yes i think people appreciate quality and good looks in reptiles generally michael.Nothing would be nicer than seeing some red heads pipping,it wont be happening here unfortunately.Down the track ile carefully select another male for breeding,the blaze female x male from red herritage is what ime thinking off.
Cheers

Zulu, why dont you & Jamie breed those yellow siblings together?

Colin, red hatchlings are certainly nice and it's also bit of a novelty here. However, according to Rico, Greg and other old-time breeders, sometimes the best GTPs come out of the yellow babies in mixed (red & yellow) clutches. A lot of keepers here (not saying you) think that red babies guarantee spectacular adults - not so.
On the subject of blue adults, I am yet to see a deep blue 3 year-old, or older male. I am not saying they aren't here but they aren't on the market. Unfortunately, some buyers still fall for the old hormonal blue females, thinking they will produce blue progeny.

If a female keeps producing clutches, will she eventually stay the deep blue like the URS hormonal blue one? She was AMAZING.

Colin, red hatchlings are certainly nice and it's also bit of a novelty here. However, according to Rico, Greg and other old-time breeders, sometimes the best GTPs come out of the yellow babies in mixed (red & yellow) clutches. A lot of keepers here (not saying you) think that red babies guarantee spectacular adults - not so.
On the subject of blue adults, I am yet to see a deep blue 3 year-old, or older male. I am not saying they aren't here but they aren't on the market. Unfortunately, some buyers still fall for the old hormonal blue females, thinking they will produce blue progeny.

Yeh i wouldnt say red juveniles wouldnt add up to spectacular adults either generally.It does have some novelty value to me as ime a novice GTP keeper.
If the guys with the breeding experience overseas say that yellow babies in mixed clutches tend to make good coloured adults,thats something to take onboard.
Few pics of the female that was a blaze baby,ive raised its temperature very slightly and its feeding is improved. Generally very shy,i have to leave the mice on its perch and it eats them.The head of this one has that "dragonlook" to it.

re Show

Is her nick name "motherinlaw"?

LOL....my mother in law is like a sulphur crested cockatoo that flys in circles around MT Druitt screaching wwwwaaaaaaarrrkkkk :(

I was getting some cleaning done today so i thought i would get a few pics of some of the greens.

Attachments

• IMG_0443.jpg
    IMG_0443.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 117
and another

Attachments

• IMG_0439.jpg
    IMG_0439.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 121
This is rather nice GTP display at the Cairns Tropical Zoo. Real plants, waterfall, the works.

1257173287_ZWBSCvt-L.jpg

Wow Michael that's really nice. Would you suggest visiting this place? I'll have a couple of days in between dive trips up there in July and need somewhere to go that I haven't already been

Certainly worth visiting, They have got a nice reptile collection there. Have you seen the King browns I shot there yesterday?

Yeah I did actually. I didn't realilse those were taken there as well. Definitely sounds like a nice place to visit

Makes me want a GTP or a breeding pair of GTP they looks like they have a great personality :( they do look beautiful but its not all about their looks .. just hate that i cant afford :(

Makes me want a GTP or a breeding pair of GTP they looks like they have a great personality :( they do look beautiful but its not all about their looks .. just hate that i cant afford :(

I just bought 7 with a friend. Don't worry, they are dropping in price. I got mine form a reputable breeder and they were quite cheap. Keep your ear to the ground and you will get a good buy!

I will try and take some pics this week and post on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back