Snake Identification...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gata1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Yes another snake ID thread but Pretty much the title describes it found a snake in the garage shedding tonight just wondering what sort it is I live in Lismore NSW Far North Coast near Byron Bay (at a guess i would say its a diamond but im just a novice so would like a experienced opinon :) ) sorry bout bad pics bad camera and taking a photo was pretty much a blind shot as it was behind some poles and timber.
DSCF0094.jpgDSCF0089.jpgDSCF0101.jpgDSCF0102.jpgDSCF0105.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF0105.jpg
    DSCF0105.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 116
Not a Diamond, but a Coastal Carpet Python Morelia spilota mcdowelli

oh wow I'm getting better at these i thought coastal straight away :D

I may not count as I do not actually own a snake yet....however I have studied them in the bush for quite a few years. I reckon it looks like a coastal carpet(I read about them alot too)
Crystal :)

yer ok thanks i just have a coastal carpet ( do not know what locality ) but just does not look like anything like that one dont know if its the pics or im just totally wrong but thanks I did save a little one once in some bird netting over some fruit tress next door and released in the shed as there are alot of rodents and was better pic but having alot of trouble uploading it but everyones saying its a coastal and yous have more exprerience then me so ill beileve yous :D

Definately Coastal Carpet Python. No Diamond in that. Nice looking snake too!

And yes is a vey nice looking snake see it nearly every single time i go into the shed curled up in a box or somwhere i see it and think hmm i wish i bought you off somone would look great in my tank :D (also first snake to actually see shedding) and was so amazed by how wierd they look see sort of two skins one under another :) but amazing none the less.

Last edited:
Well the species if obviously Morelia Spilota, carpet python. Whey can't we just leave it at that, no one cares about the subspecies ;)

does not really matter was just curios thats all as am interested in this sort of thing.

its a coastal looks like mine....now i know the locale of mine .

No you don't. Coastals are highly variable in all localities, and being captive stock it's likely breed from multiple generations of crossing localities.

Coastal carpet. Dunno where the intergrade came from. Doesn't look like it has any diamond in it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back