Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nephrurus

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
You don't need a dedicated SLR to get decent reptile photos. The quality that comes from modern camera phones is quite respectable. This is a shot I took with my iPhone4 on a recent trip to the Pilbara. I took a heap of images with my Nikon DSLR as well, but this shows the results that can be achieved with is essentially a dinky little point and shoot camera.
This is a gravid female Ring-tailed Dragon Ctenophorus caudicinctus, a common Pilbara agamid.
This was at the end of my trip... I should have taken my iPhone out more!

IPhone herping. by Henry.Cook, on Flickr

-H

I agree that IPhones can take surprisingly good shots. Here's one of a juvenile ackie I took yesterday , this was a close up and the focus is very clear.

photo.jpg.

I took this with my iPhone4. It's the only camera I have.

georgiegrassA.jpg

Great shots, and I'm another doesn't agree with the iphone/DSLR comment...... my camera was alot more then my iphone.lol

Not bad for a phone Henry! Pissed I'm stuck with my 3GS for 2 years though.
You can get pretty close to the subject which surprised me, this is the only attempt I have made with my iPhone and it's a bit blurry as my hand was unsteady, but this hatchie GTP was pretty tiny on the tip of my finger!

I wish my DSLR was the price of an iPhone! I would be upgrading a lot more often too...

photo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back