QLD flood/ hurricane... how is everyone

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kitten_pheonix

Reaction score
Just thought i would post as there hasnt been much on the aftermath of the flood etc in QLD and wanted to see how everyone was getting on, if every ones house made it out ok and how there reps are doing?
hope things are getting back to normal for you guys

I live at Camira next to Goodna which was one of the worst hit suburbs in Brisbane.
The shops etc are just starting to open up again now, although I was driving through the other day and a lot of the houses are still gutted with no-one living there. Lot of road works etc to fix the roads up (some pot holes big enough to swallow a small car).

As Danger_Mouse said, Goodna is one of the worst affected areas after the floods, and when you drive through some of the back-streets, you can see why some people chose to not return :( it's definitely heart-breaking.
I live in Karalee, which is basically surrounded by the Bremer & Brisbane rivers, and pretty much the whole suburb was cut off in places. There are still a couple of houses down my street that are waiting for assessors to come out and take a look at their places!!
My family & I are getting back on our feet and are pretty much fixed up after a bit of work, we're just waiting to get our caravan replaced. Our neighbours that were affected are almost ready to move back in too. So we're coming along slowly, but everything is looking 'normal' again :)

I hope everyone else is doing okay after the recent disasters, stay safe!

Thats good to hear, most people seem to forget about people after its no longer on the news, but the mess is still there i have a mate from the 2007 newcastle floods who only moved back to there house last month, its a long wait for some people but glad to hear some are already back

we ended up moving more west because of it , our house was destroyed and as you can see on the news our insurance didnt provide us with what we should have been dealed with. all pets got out safly they were the first things on my mind.

thanks for caring though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back