Motorcycle Thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the zx14 thats what i want next but i'm a lil daunted by the sheer size of the beast and .....well until i am 100% certain of what i want i am sticking with my GSXR-750
mate to be honest she handles real nice at slow round town speeds its stable with a great ride possie and height
shes easy to muscle about but on the freeway and open winding roads shes another beast!
im a big fan of upright courses and practice ridding under controlled circumstances what some bikes bring
is way to much for the average guy without poseing a risk to himself and others and like any dangerous
equipment u should train for it
but all in all the 14 is a kitten in town but will blow the doors off anything on the freeway or open roads
i love watching fools in 5.0ltr v8s sink into their seat as i wash them away in 3.9secs lol

My road bike is a Triumph Tiger 2008, picture was taken just before heading off to Darwin last year, and the other one is of my little dirt bike a Yamaha TTR230.
Sorry for the extra photo of the dirt bike.

View attachment 196222View attachment 196224
pencil.png

Last edited:
Are scooters allowed? :D

DSC_1106.jpg

This is my ride when it was a bit cleaner and newer. It's a Sym HD200.

Its good to see there are many other herpers that are keen on bikes too !!!

Heres a few pics of my bikes although they arent as bigs as most of your ones !

1st one is a full custom rebuilt 1987 Honda Z50J1 ADR Complied (is now road registered)
it now has a 155cc engine and all the go fast bits :
RIMG0013.jpg

RIMG0019.jpg

2nd is my Living Room Bike , does not get ridden as it is my retirement investment :) , 1961 Honda DAX (st50)

RIMG0249.jpg

and lastly is my Honda CR250R 2003 MX Bike :

RIMG0167.jpg

Will be in the market for my first real Road Bike in a few months when the old finances approve !TE]

love all your bikes especially the little green honda looks so cool and cant believe its road regestrable its awsome and also think your lounge room bike is great :p

Do you race your 250 or is it just a muck around bike like my raptor :p

Last edited:
Recently noticed a car thread and thought it wouldnt be right to post my bikes so i thought why not make a bike thread.

Start off firstly with my Yamaha Raptor 660 with full GYTR pipes, GYTR carby kit and GYTR air filter.
View attachment 196104

And secondly my 1995 Harley Roadking.

View attachment 196109

Both fairly loud :p
Feel free to post your muchly loved machines.

My hubby has a 1991 (dont quote me- his baby, not mine~) Roadking. Nothing like being on the back of it, its like a lounge chair on wheels!!

My hubby has a 1991 (dont quote me- his baby, not mine~) Roadking. Nothing like being on the back of it, its like a lounge chair on wheels!!

You should post a pic if you have one would love to see, love looking at Harleys especially Roadkings :D
And yer it seems that way never really been in the passenger seat :p but sure looks that way.

he gets his licence back this weekend and the bike as well (we got his brother to take it to his place while he had no licence so he wouldnt/couldnt be tempted to ride it) so ill try and get a pic for you! apparently he is spending the weekend polishing the chrome... if only i got as much attention! lol.

Guys should never be a passenger- it just doesnt look right! lol

He had a street bob before the road king and a dyna before that, but as our asses got bigger so did the bikes...

Awesome! I went out on my friend's royal star cruiser one day, that's a big bike and he's had it for about 15 years. It was good until we got on the bumpy back roads with potholes that need to be fixed, I'm only short and don't weigh much, and there was at least two times where we hit a bump and I was thrown right up off the seat. My friend wasn't speeding, but since it gave me a fright he slowed down for me anyway :)

hahaha! before hubby put the sissy bar on for me he hit a bump one day and i nearly slid of the back of the bike! would have been very painful and embarrassing!!! :)

I'm very glad Wayne had a sissy bar on his bike, I would easily have ended up hitting the road at 100ks... no thanks! My mother's first husband had a goldwing, and one day when going around a corner the bike slipped on the gravel, while my mother was rolling down the road she saw the bike and her husband go flying over the top of her. Her friend had been driving behind her and saw the same thing, she told my mother she thought she was going to witness her death. Her husband was never responsible with his bike, he popped a mono without giving my mother warning one day, and she was very lucky not to fall off. Her husband had the police chasing him with her on the back one day too, but he lost them by going at over 200ks :shock: I love the new goldwings, they're massive! Very expensive though.

one night hubby and i were riding, way too fast down the road, i said "can you hear that babe?" he asked what, i said 'the sirens" he goes nah.... 2ks down the road he finally saw the cops in the mirrors and we pulled over, woops!

one night hubby and i were riding, way too fast down the road, i said "can you hear that babe?" he asked what, i said 'the sirens" he goes nah.... 2ks down the road he finally saw the cops in the mirrors and we pulled over, woops!

Lol, Oh no! How much trouble did he get into?

we were soooooo lucky that it was one female copper! and that she never asked him to take his bandana off his face, cos wed been drinking a fair bit. she ended up just telling us to slow down and let us go....

Ooh, lucky! A family friend of ours had a motorcycle for a while, her husband taught her to ride. In the beginning she had trouble with roundabouts, and one particular day she was sitting at a roundabout and wouldn't move. Her husband rode up next to her and asked why she wouldn't go. She pointed down at the tank and said "huntsman'! :lol:

I'm very glad Wayne had a sissy bar on his bike, I would easily have ended up hitting the road at 100ks... no thanks! My mother's first husband had a goldwing, and one day when going around a corner the bike slipped on the gravel, while my mother was rolling down the road she saw the bike and her husband go flying over the top of her. Her friend had been driving behind her and saw the same thing, she told my mother she thought she was going to witness her death. Her husband was never responsible with his bike, he popped a mono without giving my mother warning one day, and she was very lucky not to fall off. Her husband had the police chasing him with her on the back one day too, but he lost them by going at over 200ks :shock: I love the new goldwings, they're massive! Very expensive though.

I would hate to be doing 200ks/hour on a Goldwing, must have had a rocket on it.

With the stuff that guy used to do on that bike I'm surprised he's still alive. I always cringe when I see people doing stupid things on bikes. We went up to Ballarat on Saturday, and a motorcyclist was coming the other way, and overtook a car. He was lucky not to get sandwiched between our car and the one he overtook :shock: the speed limit on that road was 100ks, so he would have been dead and probably would have taken us with him. I also hate it when people on bike only wear shorts and t-shirts, but perhaps they don't really want their skin anyway :?

With the stuff that guy used to do on that bike I'm surprised he's still alive. I always cringe when I see people doing stupid things on bikes. We went up to Ballarat on Saturday, and a motorcyclist was coming the other way, and overtook a car. He was lucky not to get sandwiched between our car and the one he overtook :shock: the speed limit on that road was 100ks, so he would have been dead and probably would have taken us with him. I also hate it when people on bike only wear shorts and t-shirts, but perhaps they don't really want their skin anyway :?

Really makes me laugh too. $20,000 bike, $1000 helmet, $700 jacket then wears shorts and thongs, DOH!!!!!!
I have been riding for a very long time and I have seen some pretty nasty accidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back