good price for hatchy albino olive and het albino pair????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeman478

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls,

Just wanting some answers on what people think is a good price to pay for a pair of hatchy olives (last season) The female is albino and was a late starter, she had only had 2 unassisted feeds and still a fussy feeder. The male (100% het) on the other hand is a garbage disposal and growing like a weed. I wont tell you what price they have been offered to me for as i want to know what people think would be a reasonable price. Cheers

Ps. I have experience with fussy feeders so this is no concern to me.

mmm as much as it takes to secure them . Albino Olives are awesome Would love to put one over my two girls. Still have heard that getting olives to breed is not as easy as others... no knowledge myself if this is true so it could be a exspensive gamble but one I'd take. Worst comes to worse you still have two wicked snakes.
Good luck & congrats

eleventy billion

HAHA. Damn im getting a bargain then. And i agree they are only worth what someone is willing to pay. Just wanted too see what others were willing to pay. I know im getting them at a bargain price.

mmm as much as it takes to secure them . Albino Olives are awesome Would love to put one over my two girls. Still have heard that getting olives to breed is not as easy as others... no knowledge myself if this is true so it could be a exspensive gamble but one I'd take. Worst comes to worse you still have two wicked snakes.
Good luck & congrats

Thanks. I have never bred olives but have heard the same thing. But i will never Know if i dont try hey.

Albino Olives sell for $7500 each
Reptile City's website. I have no idea if this is any indication of the current market value but I imagine they have a good idea what price they would sell for.

I'd say about $3000-4000 for an albino olive, but I certainly wouldn't pay more than that. Hets are $700 from Snake Ranch not long ago if I remember, were they last season's hatchies?

If you are looking at a pair the implication is that you want to breed them. A finicky feeder female is not desirable as it may be slow to get to breeding weight. I'd be wondering why it doesn't feed. Part of the value attatched to high end snakes is related to potential breeding and so if a female is slow to feed it should be significantly cheaper. "Good" females this year went between 5 and 8K and often a het male is included. you might be better off waiting for a "good " feeder from next year if you are interested in breeding as it will probably have better potential than a fussy animal a year older.

ANOTHER stupid thread that drives the price of an animal down due to the blatant disrespect from someone with too much time on his keyboard.....no wonder some noobs get the bad rap they do....Guys not saying that all the young ones are Bad so please don't take it that way...this thread is a joke....do your research first as this thread is an insult an to most experienced herpers that have the respect for the breeders that have spent years of time and effort to make Albino olives available to the hobby today for the price of the effort and respect that the animal deserves. Go out and see what a rarity this animal is and don't post such crap. An animal of this rarity deserves more!.
Thats' a bargain Kurt, well done Bro.
My opinion is anything under $5-6K for established and proven lines for a proven 100% Het + Albino is a great deal and should be going rate and one which I feel is reasonable and does justice to the animal in question. I hope that all the breeders that have Albs & Hets talk together and respect the efforts that some have had to endure over many years to offer these animals into the hobby now....If this is done, it will keep some perspective in the hobby and make Albino Olives one animal that we all want to have and have to work to get one and makes us research what we want to get...a benefit to herping AND this is the status that the animal deserves, again just my opinion.IF every rare animal was sold cheap and contradictory to what they are worth in this world...how does this benefit the hobby and the animals in the wild? Nothing!!!!
I would hate for the 'pinnacle" of Australian herps IMO to travel down the path of Albino carpets, that would be a travesty and a smack in the face for the animal in question! Get some knowledge on the hobby ans respect the animal concerned, because of your actions will affect the wild population in the end...Its not about a trend, its about a passion and respect for herps.... How many people think of how they are going to look after their Albino OR any python in their collection for that matter, for 25 years??? Its NOT a fashion statement and a handbag, will you just let it go, or kill it????

Last edited by a moderator:
How many people think of how they are going to look after their Albino OR any python in their collection for that matter, for 25 years??? Its NOT a fashion statement and a handbag, will you just let it go, or kill it????

You summed it up in that last sentence, fashion statment, handbag, kill it.

I think I can see a new line of albino snake skin handbags hitting the market ;)

All jokes aside couldnt agree more southside morelia

Clearly you own albino olives,

I was a bit the same way when i first invested in RSP. They are no less rare, but they are not white. I think you will have to come to terms with the fact there is just not the money being thrown around for high end herps anymore. Yes they will be marginally higher in price because of their difficulty to propagate.

In reality you will have little hope in getting all the breeders of them to co-operate on pricing. There is always one who will have a fire sale because they can. This is what de-values the animals, not these threads. At the end of the day a snake is worth what someone is willing to pay.

What is so wrong with the albino carpet situation? I know people who made a few 100k. It's about at what stage you take the risk. They reproduce far more easily in high numbers, the price drop was bound to happen. This will be the same for the antaresia, even moreso.

Good luck with your investment, i'd love to own one but after going for investment animals in the past, i am far more cautious these day and won't own one until the price is right.

Gird

why waste peoples time if you aint going to tell us the price so then we could say if thats a fair price or not, because there would be a few poeple on here who are already in the know.

How many people think of how they are going to look after their Albino OR any python in their collection for that matter, for 25 years??? Its NOT a fashion statement and a handbag, will you just let it go, or kill it????

what makes me angry is people talking about there new herp if it be a morph or just a regular snake, maybe they make a thread or have a conversation about it with you, they seem over the moon then in 2-3 months i see the animal in the for sale section!! un-believable.

I was a bit the same way when i first invested in RSP. They are no less rare, but they are not white. Gird
It is not correct to say the Albino Olives are no less rare than RSP. At the absolute outside there would be 200 Albino Olives in the world and probably closer to 100. There are 1000s of RSP. Rsps breed relatively easy sothere is little comparison with Olives!

I was a bit the same way when i first invested in RSP. They are no less rare, but they are not white. I think you will have to come to terms with the fact there is just not the money being thrown around for high end herps anymore. Yes they will be marginally higher in price because of their difficulty to propagate.

In reality you will have little hope in getting all the breeders of them to co-operate on pricing. There is always one who will have a fire sale because they can. This is what de-values the animals, not these threads. At the end of the day a snake is worth what someone is willing to pay.

What is so wrong with the albino carpet situation? I know people who made a few 100k. It's about at what stage you take the risk. They reproduce far more easily in high numbers, the price drop was bound to happen. This will be the same for the antaresia, even moreso.

Good luck with your investment, i'd love to own one but after going for investment animals in the past, i am far more cautious these day and won't own one until the price is right.

Gird
Hi Gird, if you think that's all its all about is the investment...your are mislead and you don't know me and I feel from those comments that 'maybe" you do think like the noobs, that think that you will make a quick buck from an investment that WILL never pay dividends LMAO
This IS the reason why some want a debate about thinking its all about the quick buck that will never eventuate!! Man, i am in way over my head for the hobby i love!!
RSP's, ha I have some in the collection, but not to make money, only because of what they are....As a hobbyist and NOT SXR, URS or the like, I do have a day job and IF I sell an animal it hardly makes up for the bucks I have spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back