Fake plants for enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abnrmal91

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows were I can get cheap plastic plants for my enclosures. I am after some plastic grass style ones. The local pet shop has some but are about $50 to $60 and they are tiny.

Cheers

Daniel

hey abnrml. I had a look on ebay the other day and if you search artificial plants heaps come up, half if not more the price of petshops!

we can get all sorts of plants

pm me with what you are after and your postcode and i'll have a look

Why not go real Daniel?real plants give a tank or enclosure a much better look,and real plants help process the dirty air.Mondo grass is a good live plant for any reps.beardies love to graze on them,even the little ones.you could grow lucerne as a ground cover,smells clean and fresh which makes the reps smell sweet and clean.birdsnest ferns are loved by the bredlis and the jungle cos they can curl up in it's centre.and finally a japanese aralia,big leaves,heaps green and tropical looking.i purchased 10 plants from the nursery for $31.00,one fake birdsnest fern was $35.00.do the math mate.you might find real vs fake a no-brainer.
cheers

I went to all the cheap shops (crazy clarks, two dollar shops) around town, bought ferns, grass all sorts of beautiful things, bought some clay pulled the plants apart and made what i needed, cost me twenty dollars and i now have enough two fill three decent size vivs, it was alot of fun only took a little while to do and now i have the satisfaction of knowing i made them! Have a look its worth it!!!

Why not go real Daniel?real plants give a tank or enclosure a much better look,and real plants help process the dirty air.Mondo grass is a good live plant for any reps.beardies love to graze on them,even the little ones.you could grow lucerne as a ground cover,smells clean and fresh which makes the reps smell sweet and clean.birdsnest ferns are loved by the bredlis and the jungle cos they can curl up in it's centre.and finally a japanese aralia,big leaves,heaps green and tropical looking.i purchased 10 plants from the nursery for $31.00,one fake birdsnest fern was $35.00.do the math mate.you might find real vs fake a no-brainer.
cheers

Are they safe? BTW what nursery do you shop at thats heaps cheap

Well so far no one has had any effects that appear bad or negative.basically i do a search on wherever my rep originally hails from and then but the plants i see in the pics etc.i need to get a few smallish devils ivy plats so i can dump the fake vines as well.up against real plants you can tell the fakies.and i get my plants everywhere,bunnings,any nursery im near,friends gardens,anywhere.i spray the whole thing plant and pot with some repti-clean and let them dry,pop em in.except the mondo grasses for the lizards,i just clean the pots.

Home and Garden at my local Westfield had some really nice grass ones for $2.95. I was impressed at the variety of fake greenery at good prices. They have long spiky stems, so you'd put them into a piece of wood or rock to sit on the bottom of the enclosure. Here are some I picked up along with some LED lights ($40) I'll be using to fix up the enclosure I'm working on.
DSC03738.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back