should i be angry or just laugh it off?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrais

Reaction score
one of my 'family' members who lives in the USA who i do not get along with very well posted this on my wall this morning, dont know wether i should be angry that their trying to make be angry or just be like what ever..

hi andrea. i just wanted to tell you i just killed a baby rattlesnake. I used a shovel. it was still rattling for several mins after i took its head off. It was a good death. i had to do it cause the dangers it may cause with the young kids around.

i guess he had a reason because of kids, but in america, exspecially LA their would be a few snake removalist wouldn't there? if he didn't have time and had to kill it he didn't have to tell me as i am an animal lover of snakes and reptiles and he knows that.
just wanted anyones opinion before i flame him with notifactions lol
cheers
Andrea

Don't give that person an audience, that is what they want.

Just ignore them.

You should tell them that you just killed a few americans with a shovel...because they were posing a danger to your children ;)

why would they need to tell you. Just ignore them they have problems mate!

take a shovel to him see how long he rattles for after you hit him with it!

have not said anything yet, cant block him either cause they tell my mum everything and always look on my facebook to see if they can comment their 'opinion' on it (not being sterotypical but typical american who forces their abnoxious comments on others). and they will just call my mum and tell her i've deleted them and she'll have a head fit at me, she jumps to conclusions with facebook, she thinks its just creates problems (in which it does, with the wrong people) so im stuck.

Ignore it, aint easy but at that situation theres not much you can do or say
Just dont give them the satisfaction of a response. No need to sink down to their level

haha I think a reply of: "what a conincidence, I just killed some americans with a shovel because they are quite a threat to the well being of my family....man you should've seen how long they twitched for" would be hilarious.

They would probably be speechless although it may also start a worse argument so I wont insist that you do it. Taking the high road may be a better option....

Last edited:
Forward the email to the relevant wildlife authorities in their state (there may also be a county authority you can notify). Foward it to the ASPCA and PETA as well.

Although a concrete action may not be taken by both
Lets face it, PETA couldnt care less for animals with a supposedly bad rep
As for ASPCA theyd probably make up some excuse like its not their job/nothing can be done about it

Sound familiar?

haha I think a reply of: "what a conincidence, I just killed some americans with a shovel because they are quite a threat to the well being of my family....man you should've seen how long they twitched for" would be hilarious.

I reckon that would be an awesome response.

I would write a reply something to the effect of thanks for your email, hope all is well with the family, I am glad the snake didn't bite you or any member of your family would hate for something like that to happen to my favorite cousin... I don't feel there was any need for you to kill the snake you could have contacted a snake catcher to come and remove it remembering first to keep your family,kids and pets away until the catcher had arrived....last but not least if I ever hear of you killing another snake I will come over there and get the shovel and ram it straight up your ***!!!

Bye for now
Love Andrea

Sad as it is, I'd have to agree with ignoring. Unless you have a sympathetic family member you can show the comment to in order to justify removing them; it just sounds like he does want an angry reaction. I also agree with contacting the relevant sildlife authorities over there, aren't rattlers protected in some states? It'll show just how big a man he is when he's slapped with a fine for killing a baby rattler then bragging about it on facebook. Some people just about deserve a snot around the back of the head, if it weren't for the fact they're really not worth the effort/assault charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back