good price for hatchy albino olive and het albino pair????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ANOTHER stupid thread that drives the price of an animal down due to the blatant disrespect from someone with too much time on his keyboard.....no wonder some noobs get the bad rap they do....Guys not saying that all the young ones are Bad so please don't take it that way...this thread is a joke....do your research first as this thread is an insult an to most experienced herpers that have the respect for the breeders that have spent years of time and effort to make Albino olives available to the hobby today for the price of the effort and respect that the animal deserves. Go out and see what a rarity this animal is and don't post such crap. An animal of this rarity deserves more!.
Thats' a bargain Kurt, well done Bro.
My opinion is anything under $5-6K for established and proven lines for a proven 100% Het + Albino is a great deal and should be going rate and one which I feel is reasonable and does justice to the animal in question. I hope that all the breeders that have Albs & Hets talk together and respect the efforts that some have had to endure over many years to offer these animals into the hobby now....If this is done, it will keep some perspective in the hobby and make Albino Olives one animal that we all want to have and have to work to get one and makes us research what we want to get...a benefit to herping AND this is the status that the animal deserves, again just my opinion.IF every rare animal was sold cheap and contradictory to what they are worth in this world...how does this benefit the hobby and the animals in the wild? Nothing!!!!
I would hate for the 'pinnacle" of Australian herps IMO to travel down the path of Albino carpets, that would be a travesty and a smack in the face for the animal in question! Get some knowledge on the hobby ans respect the animal concerned, because of your actions will affect the wild population in the end...Its not about a trend, its about a passion and respect for herps.... How many people think of how they are going to look after their Albino OR any python in their collection for that matter, for 25 years??? Its NOT a fashion statement and a handbag, will you just let it go, or kill it????

tell us what you really think:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid $4700 for an Albino male and 100% het female if that helps.

Hi Gird, if you think that's all its all about is the investment...your are mislead and you don't know me and I feel from those comments that 'maybe" you do think like the noobs, that think that you will make a quick buck from an investment that WILL never pay dividends LMAO
This IS the reason why some want a debate about thinking its all about the quick buck that will never eventuate!! Man, i am in way over my head for the hobby i love!!
RSP's, ha I have some in the collection, but not to make money, only because of what they are....As a hobbyist and NOT SXR, URS or the like, I do have a day job and IF I sell an animal it hardly makes up for the bucks I have spent.

I don't really understand your emotion then regarding the price, why would you care if it's not about money? Did you buy a single animal or do you intend to breed them?. I have re-covered the entire amount i have spent on herps, including the 24K on RSP, lets not pretend there is no money in snakes. I was making 10K from clutches of bredli even selling at conservative prices at the time. I'm simply saying the days of those prices are gone. You only have to see the current market in all species to know albino olives will not be bought at 5 times the price of any other snake. We spent that much on snakes back then because we got that much to spend from sales.

All the money i've made has gone back into herps and yes once i was disillusioned that there was big dollars to be made. We have all heard the stories of 200k returns etc etc. It doesn't mean i love my animals any less and it's not the sole reason i buy an animal.

In your original post you draw a link to wild animals? I don't quite understand what point your trying to make? Maybe you could clarify it for me.

"IF every rare animal was sold cheap and contradictory to what they are worth in this world...how does this benefit the hobby and the animals in the wild? Nothing!!!! "

"Get some knowledge on the hobby ans respect the animal concerned, because of your actions will affect the wild population in the end.."

At the end of the day i'll be contacting Kurt (congo) about where i can obtain one at those prices. I feel that is more realistic in the current market and it reflects the level of disposable income i'm making from the hobby at present to re-invest in animals i like.

Do you really think people considering spending those kind of $ on an animal would take notice of a thread on here?

Gird

Most of us have accepted the realities of the current market in reptiles and continue on because prices really aren't all that important and we buy what we can afford as it becomes available. Personally, I find white Olive pythons far more attractive than two or three tone Darwin carpets and consequently bought a couple of hets over the last few seasons knowing full well that they would almost certainly be worth far less by the time they are breeding age. Does it matter? Not to me, and I don't get all defensive and accuse people of trying to trash the hobby just for asking a simple pricing question on a public forum.

It's unfortunate that there are a few breeders who, having invested heavily perhaps, are unable to accept the new reality and try to hold everyone else accountable for the downturn. I think I read somehwere that Michael Cermak is going to limit next season's pairings because he can't sell GTP's for a premium anymore. That seems rather selfish and not in the best interests of the general herp community to me.

I dunno, maybe I'm just stupid.

If you are looking at a pair the implication is that you want to breed them. A finicky feeder female is not desirable as it may be slow to get to breeding weight. I'd be wondering why it doesn't feed. Part of the value attatched to high end snakes is related to potential breeding and so if a female is slow to feed it should be significantly cheaper. "Good" females this year went between 5 and 8K and often a het male is included. you might be better off waiting for a "good " feeder from next year if you are interested in breeding as it will probably have better potential than a fussy animal a year older.

Couldn't agree more, don't buy them. Just simply wait & buy a decent feeder especially when it is the female.

ANOTHER stupid thread that drives the price of an animal down due to the blatant disrespect from someone with too much time on his keyboard.....no wonder some noobs get the bad rap they do....Guys not saying that all the young ones are Bad so please don't take it that way...this thread is a joke....

A bit harsh calling someone a [deleted] when you probs don't even know them ?? great input put come on ??? this wasn't simply a money related thread, more a question in regards to the feeding ability of the animal...... as I said before... I wouldn't buy them as it would mean embarking on a 5,6,7 year program & being on the back foot from the start.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly thanks to all the people who provided me with useful information. This was a genuine enquiry. Now having spoken to people on here who ACTUALLY keep albino olives i have decided against purchasing these animals. I dont care if i have to pay more money to get a pair of trouble free animals. And for the record im not a newbie. I have been keeping herps since 1996, but never kept olives. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back