Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pythonmum

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have a lovely albino boy who really trashes his enclosure. This time he outdid himself by pooping out about 3 rats-worth, crawling through it and, well...
DSC03739.jpg

The photo doesn't convey the true extent of the mess. Fortunately we had been soaking some towels overnight in bleach. The snake went into a tub with a bit of soapy water and I had to remove ALL cage furniture and wash/sterilise it in the laundry sink full of bleach. The green vine was a write-off and I'm seeing how well the brown one dries. Times like this make me glad I mount my branches in tricorner braces so I can lift them out for cleaning...

Who else wants to admit to a messy snake and has taken photos?

BTW - this is what he normally looks like - so innocent!
DSC03518.jpg

I'll have to get a pic off my mother-in-law which shows exactly what happens when we feed our BHP girl a quail or a rabbit. The first and last time we did it she painted the rear wall of her enclosure.

Jeffrey my woma isn't so messy as large and frightening.stick googly eyes on it and it looks like a hatchy python.....hahahahahahahahaha...none of my others are big enough yet to leave behind a copy of themselves.....except jeffrey.

Wow, that first photo makes me glad my Stimson & Jungle python enclosures are easy to clean.

Yes, ease of cleaning is a very important consideration - especially for this guy. I like the look of some of the fake rock and plant backdrops, but everything in his enclosure has to be scrubbable. I'm building him a new enclosure and the back is going to have an aquarium shop photo backdrop of a rock wall - in easy-to-clean plastic. He also poops on me if given the chance. I generally pick him up, then run outside to let him go over the grass. Then we carry on with normal handling :)

everyone of my snakes **** in corner of cage in hide box or the diamonds go to top and **** from there now thats a mess

my bredli likes to "tail paint" all over the glass like your albino as well as cover every inch of the enclosure in crap. Have never taken pics but there has been times i have had to remove the light cages and scrub/disinfect them as well... am thinking some PVC conduit for branches the old gum out the back is starting to get a bit bare. I try to use as many disposeable hides as i can, makes for an easier job when they are that messy

I dont mean to sound awful but I havent had any of this.
My two jungles Elvira and Alvin are really clean. At first I thought it was the enclosure but my baby tullies are in little plastic click clacks and if they poo they get up on their dowel as if to say yucky mummy get rid of it.

I do have a big enclosure so maybe does help but the click clacks are about 15 litres I am about to put the babies into 50 litre ones they have growns so much. So they are the little plastic tubs so that doesnt make sense.

here is a pic of my enclosure and it pretty much stays like this and Alvin is now 14 months old and Elvira is 16 months old. They even have towels on their shelves and go to the trouble to leave the shelf climb down poo on the bottom and then go back up again.

I either have very well trained snakes or been very lucky !! I can tell you seeing that mess I wouldnt have four if thats what they did every time they......SHAT lol

alvin enclosure.jpg

Attachments

• elvira enclosure.jpg
    elvira enclosure.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 183
I think the RBB forgot to use the newspaper to wipe haha

Clean it up - I dare you! (says the RBB) Have you been feeding it cat food?!

Fantazmic - all the rest of my snakes are pretty clean about their droppings. It's just this one that seems to crawl through and spread the mess. The recent effort is by far the most impressive. Usually the shavings/litter at the bottom of the enclosure helps to keep things neat, too. Maybe that's what the RBB is asking for!

That is what she can turn a rat into...it's even more impressive after eating chickens! She is almost adult size now and still does the same thing but on a much bigger scale and never on the paper. Horrible, messy and smelly snakes.

I have a lacie that holds his rat by the mouth and disembowels it with a swipe of his front claws, then shakes his head like a dog sending entrails and guts all over the place. He lives outside.
Lol, this is a crap thread python mum:D

The only 'mess' I've had was a couple of weeks ago when my Jungle decided to eat a small rat bum first. She eventually got it down, but constricted around it so tightly that blood & guys were dripping out everywhere :\

I thought my girl was gross wiping her butt on the glass...but after seeing your pic pythonmum, I feel so much better :lol: (although she could be still training and the 'best' is yet to come! :shock:)

Matt, your rbb looks like a real painting expert...he put his all into it and rolls in it...eewwww! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back