Easter Day Hatchlings.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supra_man87

Reaction score
I just went and checked on my Lace Monitor eggs, and found this little guys head poking out! I was very surprised as i wasn't expecting them to hatch for about another 2 months. Very Happy!

DSCF4008.jpg

Because it's Easter does that mean they are resurrection of Jesus. Congrats on your holy lace monitors

Thanks for the comments everyone. I will post up more pics once they are fully out of the egg.

Awwww - it never ceases to amaze me how they fit into their eggs lol. They look so funny.
Congrats!

Nice work! Those eggs are unbelievably clean looking - where did the female lay them?

Congrats! what an amazing surprise! be sure to update with pics once they are all out!

Wow that's one big head poking out of a very small egg! Just curious how long do lacey eggs usually take to "cook"?

These ones started hatching at 141 days, the last 2 seasons they didnt start hatching until 212 - 224 days. I also had a mate who clutch didn't start hatching until just over 300 days.

Wow that's a massive variation, it would make it hard to plan for.

Yer i was definitely surprised at how soon these ones have hatched, i was a bit worried that something might be wrong with them, but 2 have fully emerged now and both are very active and seem fine. Will get some more pics up soon.

Here is an updated pic from this morning. Will post some more once they are all out of the eggs. Almost all of them have their heads out now.

DSCF4013.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, 141 days! My tops has been 185 days and my longest 295 days. My average is around 225-250 days. Nice looking Bell's phase you have there - loads of yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back