Best enclosure for a diamond?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

python_boy

Reaction score
hi all,
iam getting a yearling diamond in about 3 months, and i wondering what the best kind of INDOOR enclosure would be? eg, mesh, glass, wood? any advice would be very handy:) thanks

anyone? come on!

Last edited:
For a diamond I would personally go for a large vertical enclosure wooden, glass front. Something like 2.1m h x 1.2m w x 0.75m d is what we normally make for a diamond. They grow quite large and like to climb. PS diamonds rock, lovely snake...

We have just moved our 2yr old diamond into a vertical black melamine enclosure with sliding glass doors. I think its 6ft x3ft x1.5ft. She loves all the climbing branches and uses pretty much the whole space

I like enclosures that have some kind of mesh somewhere or doors that swing open so the snakes feel like they are part of the family,not shut behind glass like at the zoo.The smells of the daily things going on the house are familiar smells to them.For my climbers i would like to convert two corner tv units,the tall ones.

anyone else?? anyoine got pics?? iam thinking of going with the exo terra screen enclosure's are they good?

ever thought of goin to fantastic furniture u can get a band new pantry 2m tall 600w x 600d for like 100 bucks its melamine all i did was cut a cpople of shelves in half for ledges add heat and suff if is a yearling put whole shelf in and u just made a smaller cage for it wen grows up take shelf out oh also i cut most of thewood out of the door and replaced it with aliminum fly screen 2bucks a metre from bunnings so my snake can see out hope this helps

I would go with a 3ftx2ftx2ft, that would do him for a year, after that get a 4ft high by 4ft long by 2ft deep.
Also remember keep these guys cool!

dont use exo terra screen. get a wood and glass enclosure. holds the heat and humidity better. i hate those screen enclosures. so half assed

so would i be able to keep the right temps in a 90cm by 50cm by 50cm wodden enclosure?

Should be pretty easy. I would buy an enclosure from someone rather than try and build it yourself. Im pretty sure snake whisperer's up in QLD as well, might be worth giving him a call as i've heard he is really good.

iam not going to make one myslef ive already got the 3foot enclosure empty, so does anyone think that is would be ok for a hatchy-yearling diamond? keeping the temps and all ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back