D. calligastra

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dihsmaj

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any info on this particular colubridae?

Last edited:
Anyone?
BTW the common name is Northern Tree Snake, if that helps!

Last edited:
You and your scientific names... Stop showing off :lol: joking.
What do you want to know about them? If you mean care-wise then itsbprobably the same as the common tree snake

There's buggar all in captivity, I know some people with them and they say they are much more flighty than other Dendrill's
although Tony Harrison got his hand feeding on pinky's.

I just wanted to know some info... after all, they ARE on basic licence.
They look pretty.

i know someone with one and he is very happy with it. eats well on fish and may be a bit more flighty than some of my CTS... although i recently encountered a far more flighty gold phase CTS than his calligastra. The fact that there are no captive bred ones out and about means that all the ones currently in captivity were wild caught (obviously). so look at the wild caught CTS vs the captive bred stock and tell me that they are not more flighty as a general rule and harder to get feeding on fish and rodents. so all in all i would say maybe slightly higher temps would be the only real difference between calligastra and punctulata. good luck getting them though as they have been on my wish list for a while now and the only one to pop up that i know of was bought by this fella.

As with any colubrid there not that hard to get feeding or taking pinkies you just have to be willing to put time time into the snake. calligastra is no execption i have found them to be alot more flightly than your common tree snake.... but in saying that i have only ever delt with a few (not mine).

Whoops, it's actually Dendrelaphis calligaster.
Like I was saying before I'm just a bit curious about them, but hearing this now I think if I ever do buy one it'll be in the distant future, when (hopefully) there'll be captive bred stock available.

I unsure if it is calligastra or calligaster. I am unable took it up now but I think it's calligastra on the DSE register but calligaster with JCU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back