Who has a Jug?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ash get a tenterfield terrier like my dog, nothing like them they are amazing. Not a jack russel, not a fox terrier, not a mini foxie, not a jack russel cross a mini foxie, no a tenterfield terrier. They are as hardy as nails and very intelligent (my dog couldn't pull me accross the road when i was walking him on his leash, so he tried toGumhaven%20Jack%20Of%20Hearts%20c.jpg chew through it instead whilst i was not looking o_O) and my dog loves brass bands (found that out today at the anzac march) and they are adorable :D
132556_1729908721131_1040854858_31928216_280711_o[1].jpgMin_Foxie_Dscn2108.jpg

lol my males not desexed and yah hes a handful . he flipped me over the other day cause he wanted to chase a fluffy dog he thought was a cat lol , dragged me a good 5 metres before I got my leg around a tree n stopped him lmfao . Hes always mussled but , its law now.

lol my males not desexed and yah hes a handful . he flipped me over the other day cause he wanted to chase a fluffy dog he thought was a cat lol , dragged me a good 5 metres before I got my leg around a tree n stopped him lmfao . Hes always mussled but , its law now.
jesus. thats just amazing. LOL

he flipped me over the other day cause he wanted to chase a fluffy dog he thought was a cat lol , dragged me a good 5 metres before I got my leg around a tree n stopped him lmfao . Hes always mussled but , its law now.

Sounds like a pretty dangerous dog o_O

lol i've got a pomeranian cross boy back home (baby picture = avatar) and he still can drag me like a few cm's when i walk him
oh and small man syndrome too, bugger never shuts up, + plays abit rought but i love him anyway

A pug x Jack russell (i like to refer to an animal as it really is, not some abbreviated sales pitch) will not necessarily have health issues from either breed. It depends on the dogs ancestors and because it's a cross bred it will also come down to chance.

The point is without knowing the parents of the animal you don't know what health issues it may have inherited. Crossing animals of different sizes can also result in anatomical issues that can cause weakness's or even strengths.

You also have no idea what your dog will be like coat wise or temperament wise. Atleast with a purebred you have an idea of what you're getting and the ability to research each breed before making a decision.

I'm all for rescuing and rehoming but i'm against 'designer' crossbreds because mostly they are money making machines, nothing more.

i for one stand by the theory that 'designer' crossbreds is just a fancy term for mongrel
nothing like good ol marketing

But if you think about it only using pure logic

ALL domesticated dogs are pure breeds because they all have exactly the same scientific name

Last edited:
But if you think about it only using pure logic
ALL domesticated dogs are pure breeds because they all have exactly the same scientific name
A species and a breed are different things. So no, not all dogs are pure breeds, but they are the same species. It kinda frustrates me when I see different species referred to as "Breeds" :) Seems to happen here quite a lot- people referring to different snake species as different "breeds" lol.

And so long as you are aware of potential health problems, no one can stop you :) there are some dog breeds I definitely don't think should be in existance though! (no I'm not referring to this case, either)

Last edited:
in actual fact crossing those 2 breeds removes some of the health problems from the pug side eg breathing problems from short snout.
another example is the maltese x shih-tzu removes 3 problems, underbite from the shih-tzu, the overbite from the maltses and any breathing problems from the shih-tzu's short snout.
also look how many of the pure breeds have genetic health problems

Why would you want such a terrible "designer dog" crossbred which will no doubt have so many health problems =(

Genetically health tested pure bred dogs beat badly bred crosses with unknown health conditions. My opinion, of course >.>

ABSOLUTELY couldnt agree more

Plus dont forget just like cross breeding snakes....some in the litter will be absolutely gorgeous and the exact 'look' you want from the cross and the rest will be fuglies with a designer pricetag. At least with a throughbred dog from good healthtested lines you are more likely to get what you paid for a dog that looks like the breed it is meant to be......

Just make sure you look look and look again at the breeders of the dog you decide to go for and always try to find a breeder in a network ie I dont have a litter at the moment but so and so I know has pups you could choose from....this means they are most likely doing the right thing....it is breeders nobody wants to talk to and 'dont know anyone else' you need to be wary of. and if anyone says to you 'i dont need to health screen my dogs i just 'know' they are healthy what they are really saying is 'i dont WANT to health screen my dogs because it is really epensive and I might find a problem in my breeding aninmals...better to just say I know they are fine that do the right thing.

Hope this helps...please dont buy a designer dog it just perpetuates puppy farming...and remember just like cross bred snakes...instant results but what do you do next when you want to go on breeding...even if your little dog is only going to be a pet...it still is a money making scheme for all the wrong reasons.

I bought mine from a puppy farm :)

if you saw what goes on in puppy farms you wouldnt attach your name to a statement like that !!

As long as it's not dropping hair and ends in oodle it's good in my books :lol:

The labradoodle actually has a breeders organisation and they are still working towards official recognition of their breed...this is different and i know that there is a lot more thought put inot the breeding program...so if you were going to go for a cross breed one of these would be a better option...but again ask lots of questions as both labs and poodles have issues and need to have proper testing...and again you want someone involved int he proper breeding program.

in actual fact crossing those 2 breeds removes some of the health problems from the pug side eg breathing problems from short snout.
another example is the maltese x shih-tzu removes 3 problems, underbite from the shih-tzu, the overbite from the maltses and any breathing problems from the shih-tzu's short snout.
also look how many of the pure breeds have genetic health problems

again these probelsma re removed...if you are lucky and you get the right mi between the breeds.....dont presume that it will always work....cross breeding does not automatically guarentee that the problems will be solved. also if animals are used that are not properly health tested then you can end up with a pup with the inherited health problems from both parents......

ok ive had my say....got on my soap box...now ill shut up lol

Last edited:
I think it is funny that people don't think pure bred dogs have genetic/health problems. They can have all the health testing done you want, does not mean predisposed problems like, breathing and eye problems in pugs for example, are not going to show later. Admittedly not all breeds have health problems but a lot do and a lot of the problems don't manifest until later in the dog/cats life. I remember years ago when I got my first dog as an adult, vets used to recommend crosses to people because of their hardiness. Now for some reason, the myth has arisen that crosses are unhealthy and pure bred dogs, the original designer breeds, are the picture of health. I can only speak from personal experience but the only animals I have had health problems of a major nature with are pures, with the one exception being my Rhodesian Ridgeback, but they are a pretty untampered with breed so that makes sense. He was stolen of me at a young age though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back