Aggresive beardie :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IzzyBeardieLover

Reaction score
Hi Guys!
I really need your help!!!! :cry:
My beardie is becoming kind of aggresive...i hand feed him all the time. Sometimes he mistakes my fingers for crickets or something i don't know but he bites my fingers...it doesn't hurt but when his older it will hurt if he keeps up this biting :cry: So just now i had finished feeding him and i went to pick him up and he just got all agro and started opening his mouth and running all around :( i really wanted Fred to be the kind of beardie that loves me and wants to snuggle and now i don't know what to do! Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thankyou!

I had t start feeding Bolt with tweezers, after he latched onto my finger. He was to lazy to chase his own prey, (and short sighted).

I had a beardy that was very aggressive would open his mouth at me even when the glass was closed if he saw my hand he would open his mouth and be very cranky I found that within 2 weeks of just handling him picking him up even when he would have his mouth open, He would still have it open while holding him at first but I would slowly and gently just stroke him on the head and he soon learnt that I was no danger and was not going to hurt him another thing I would do was if I opened the glass and he opened his mouth I would give him some of his veggies would just drop a piece in his mouth and he would then eat it.

Stick with it will take time but eventually your beardy should calm down and become easy to handle. I also have two other beardys that are like what your describing but they are not aggressive they just love their food and will try and bite anything that moves if they are in the mood for food.

Hope that helps.

Thanks all for your help! Yeah mike i left him for round 2 hours and picked him up and he was fine! Not sure what was up? My dog was being grumpy today too...maybe was just a bad day for all of the pets ;) thanks again i'll let you guys know!

ONe of our beardies full on tried to attack my son today! Never has he even shown signs of aggression before....hopefully it was also just a once off

i have a feeling it might be the nail polish...he cooled off yesterday when i held him between redoiing my nails and now hes biting my fingers again! I don't want him to stay like this :(

what are his enclosure size and temps? what is he eating? what uvb are u using?

Always feels strange assuming a member is male then reading replies like this. :)

But then again, this is APS, you could still be male. :)

But back on the topic, other than your nails have you changed anything in his enclosure or the room his enclosure is in? Changes in surroundings can get them a bit funny like that. I added a background to my fish tank once and one of them was a complete psychopath for about 2 weeks.

i have a feeling it might be the nail polish...he cooled off yesterday when i held him between redoiing my nails (

After today im feeling a bit unsure about helping anyone,but my beardie is a lovely big baby.most of his mouth opening etc was pure bluff,so call his bluff,pick him up......say to him go one,do your best,ooooh im almost a little scared ina nice fun voice,they give it up and turn into marshmallows.i used to do the drop food in garbage can mouth,he always looked so surprised,but not unhappy.

Glad he was ok after a few hours how is he now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back