trev from adelaide

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crocka79

Reaction score
gday! obviously a newbie to this sight, have been interested in reptiles from a young age especially lizards. havnt kept any as pets for a number of years due to work,kids,fishing and torana money pit!

Im currently in the process of getting some wa velvet marbled geckos as they grow quite large for a gecko and have striking colours/patterns.

I definately need some guidance on setting up my tank but ile ask that question in the right thread i think;)

anyway cheers
trev

Welcome to the site Trev!
Marbled velvet geckos are great geckos to keep imo. When I kept them they were one of the more visible gecko species - always hanging out on the glass and were never in their hide.
I just kept them in glass exoterra terrariums with a shallow layer of sand or coco fibre (no fertilizer kind), a low wattage heat mat, sticks and fake plants to climb on and a bit of broken terracotta pot for a hide. Didn't bother with a water bowl as they wouldn't drink from it - just misted the glass with a spray bottle.
If you ever have any q's, feel free to ask.

Good luck :)

Hey mate!
It's great to get back into things isnt it?

I'd buy Breeding and Keeping Australian Lizards by Mike Swan.
Basically my bible for lizards.
It'll give the very basic parameters which the most important parts of husbandry in my view.
A great place to buy Herp-related books is Herp Books
The man who runs that also runs ERD in brisbane and is a member on here.

Jannico

cool thanks lozza and jannico! they sound like my type of gecko then, i had a bit of a look around on the net to check out colours and how big different species grow and im pretty set on the wa velvets hey.

went and got some of that reptile desert sand today, shouldve just gone to the wood and logs joint around the corner and got a couple of shovel loads for 1/10 the price!! lol

my tanks reasonably sized 700x300x300 with a raised turtle platform at one end so ive put an old decaying log from the ground leading up to that for climbing still got to get thermastat and heat mat yet, more overtime this week!
definately get meself that book too jannico thanks
cheers

Welcome to the site buddy.it's not a totally bad website and forum,ask the wrong ? and you will find out what i mean.most pple on here are nice tho,and you will (hopefully) get some decent input.I hail from the hills.I have never spoken to Squinty before either.good the meet 2 more sa herpers.

@crystal moon,gday ha ha thanks for the heads up crystal

@squinty, lol nah mate round the corner at noarlunga downs

@sookie, thanks sookie ive found all forums the same, majority of people are down to earth and good people but you always get the small minority that get carried away.
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back