Any Lucid Dreamers?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have what I understand to be lucid dreams about once or twice a week these days, they started when I was about 16 and for a while they were very consistent, nearly every night I could remember at least one. The typical ones are where, as with a normal dream, things are all strange, and then something clicks and I have conscious thought and control over what's going on. It's pretty extraordinary, I've "experienced" things like flying, breathing underwater and...the list goes on. From what I gather it's got a lot to do with self awareness, but I haven't looked into it enough.

I don't really want to be waking up every couple of hours any more

sounds like u may have insomnia, i had that for bout a month or so think mine was to do with stress...lucid dreams are so interesting! i've only experienced one where i knew i was dreaming but never woke up...i think lucid dreams is the effect of more DMT thats released in the brain than the usuall amount while sleeping, also eating certant foods can bring on lucid dreams and nightmares

sometimes i wake up and feel like im paralysed and cant move

i seen a documentary not long ago that said while you're asleep there's a nerve in your spine that paralyses your body while you're sleeping, so when you're sleeping u dont act out your dreams in reality

Last edited:
My Son was interested in lucid dreaming and doing exercises he had read about. I tried it also, took a couple of weeks before I had one but when I woke up I knew I'd definitly had a lucid dream. In the dream I told myself I had to read the six words on the board before I woke up, woke up after the fourth, wrote them down and have no idea what the last two words could have been. I always remember my dreams, best ones are when I fly. Quite often something happens or I see the thing that I dreamt about the night before...like just now on the news involving a whale.

sometimes i wake up and feel like im paralysed and cant move but have a feeling of fear and pressure coming down on my body. its creepy. a friend once told me that it was something to do with lucid dreaming. yet i have alot of nightmares and very real dreams so i dont think it is.

along with that im not able to vocalise at all i can try to scream but nothing comes out

This is an age old experience, I used to suffer this alot as a youngster its known as OLD HAG. Look it up.

Not so much dreams but I get a lot of dejavu, sometimes it lasts for a few minutes like having a conversation with someone and i can speak the same words as the other person, it freaks out both people.

Last edited:
SW did you ever go through the phase that I seem to be at? I don't really want to be waking up every couple of hours any more

If memory serves correctly, that occurs when you fear the experience. I do not recall having anything but perfect sleep cycles so I'd have to say, master your fear grasshopper, only then will you master your dreams. When coupled with interpretation (you need to be VERY open minded to figure out what the hell your subconscious is on about!) Lucid dreaming is a fantastic way to resolve a lot of your "demons". Once you work out what your SC is trying to tell you, working with it is a breeze! Good luck with your inner journey!

I've been researching this for a little while now because it seemed like a really interesting thing to experience. I think I just have gotten to the point where I am starting to become aware in my dreams. The problem with this though is that I keep waking myself up as soon as I realise what's going on. So on some nights I end up having quite poor sleep because I've been waking up ever couple of hours. I was just wondering if there are any experienced people out there and if this is just a normal phase in the learning process?

I used to get them when i was younger, i get them every now and again maybe 4-5 times per year. Appreciate it mate, they are amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back