Womas Sizes Comparison

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Torah

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Morning Everyone ,
Thought I'd start this thread as I didnt want to hijack the other Woma thread thats going on atm aswell just because I find something interesting .
Im not at all worried about either of these snakes as both these guys eat and now handle exceptionally well, just interested, so if you havent got anything friendly or helpful to add please resist from posting :). Thanx Guys.

In the last few months I have bought 2 womas from 2 different breeders .

1 Anastasia is a Ulura Woma ,16months being born on 12/12/10 and eats large rats once a fortnight.
2 Clamp is a Tanami Woma ,3years and 4months being born on 21/12/07 and eats small rats once a week.

Now I havent measured either of them as I honestly still havent mastered the whole straightening out of a snake on a measuring tape but I took a pic of them both (also only they're second meeting ;) ) and managed to put a tape measure under them lol .
IMG_3921.jpg
Honestly just wanted to show the difference in size between the two and wondered if anyone else has a comparison like this to show :) ... I find it really interesting for some silly reason...

Are Ulura Womas usually bigger than Tanami's or is Anastasia just a big girl ? or for that matter is Clamp on the small side ?

Last edited:
Tanami Womas are generally the smallest and Uluru in between.SA Womas are the largest.Each individual can be larger then clutch mates also,depends on the feeding regime also.

thats interesting cheers i knew that there was a difference in locals but to see such a large one is great. but as python 73 said it may have a small bit to do with food
Cheers for sharing

Def has to do with the food offered and how regular this animal was fed when the animal was smaller. The locale thing does come into play when the animal is older or has had more time to put on size.

The age of the younger animal i think shows that it has been eating alot more (power feed), its to early for locale to come into play with that animal. imo

I thought Uluru (WA) was the smallest then Tanami then SA?

^ oh no , why cant it just be easy and everyone agree .. lol

And yes Bryce I think shes a big girl ... but dont know about power fed, maybe she was more a pet and Clamp was more for breeding ...

i got a male tanami and its almost 16months old and its 1.3 mtrs... gobbles up small adult rats:)

I thought Uluru (WA) was the smallest then Tanami then SA?

uluru isnt in WA hint hint lol it goes Tanami smallest and the rock hampton downs and largest uluru and SA :)
this is just from info that i have been told i dont have any personal contact with pythons because i am in Tasmania so dont USE CAPS LOCK TEXT AT ME OK :)

WA Pilbara are the smallest – max out about 1.2 m, Tanami 1.5 m, Uluru about 1.7, S.A. average about 2.3 but specimens from Moondarie are the largest known and can get to 2.5 m (male) and 2.7 m (female).
Blue

WA Pilbara are the smallest – max out about 1.2 m, Tanami 1.5 m, Uluru about 1.7, S.A. average about 2.3 but specimens from Moondarie are the largest known and can get to 2.5 m (male) and 2.7 m (female).
Blue

spot on bluetongue :)

WA's (all locales) are the smallest then the NT's which are similar to the QLD (Brigalow) and SA has the monsters :) though tanami and uluru aren't that far apart geographically, ulurus are the largest of the NT forms and tend to be darker and have broader banding and are quite a stunning animals. But seriously which woma's aren't regardless of locale :)

Just to throw a spanner in the works....

I just used snake measure to measure a couple of my WA Sandfire womas. One of the males is 1710mm and one of the females 1680mm.

Just to throw a spanner in the works....

I just used snake measure to measure a couple of my WA Sandfire womas. One of the males is 1710mm and one of the females 1680mm.

there's always exceptions to the rule :)
look at some of Jason's boodaries some are bigger then the norm too....

Still stand by WA has the smallest in Aus........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back